Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Confused can anyone help????

Confused can anyone help????

Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all
Default Confused can anyone help????

Hi guys heres one,with the costs of medicals here in the U.K.chances are i may get my partners meds etc done that side. Now then could i be mistaken into believing it will be ok for her to enter N.Z.on a work visa,hence not having to get return tickets? What about my two kids (4 and 1). Iam sure immigration this side said it was ok to do this i think a work visa for her is something in the region of 88 pound.
For the life of me i cannot see the point in getting ripped off good style this side when it appears to be heaps cheaper that side. The obstacle could for us could be with the tickets. Iam ok i have IRRV and can get one way. Hoping someone can be of assistance.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Confused can anyone help????

We got our medicals done here, but I don't think it was cheep, can't remeber how much it was.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick2007 View Post
Hi guys heres one,with the costs of medicals here in the U.K.chances are i may get my partners meds etc done that side. Now then could i be mistaken into believing it will be ok for her to enter N.Z.on a work visa,hence not having to get return tickets? What about my two kids (4 and 1). Iam sure immigration this side said it was ok to do this i think a work visa for her is something in the region of 88 pound.
For the life of me i cannot see the point in getting ripped off good style this side when it appears to be heaps cheaper that side. The obstacle could for us could be with the tickets. Iam ok i have IRRV and can get one way. Hoping someone can be of assistance.
Hi,

Im not sure whether your partner has a work permit and so the medicals are towards her residency. If so i would think one way tickets would be fine. If i remember less than a year ago we paid: $80 for xray, $80 for blood tests and about $160 for medical that was for each of us.

Carole
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Thanks for the help,that seems a bit more reasonable Carole price wise.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Hi

We came over on a work to residency and had medicals in the UK, 8 Months ago. We love it here so much decided to go for residency sooner so, have now had to go through all of it again. Medicals cost $225. Blood test $90 Chest X-Ray $95 each so I would not say it is cheaper here. I would consider getting it done in the UK.

Julie

Last edited by Steve and Julie; Mar 31st 2008 at 12:41 am.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Julie View Post
Hi

We came over on a work to residency and had medicals in the UK, 8 Months ago. We love it here so much decided to go for residency sooner so, have now had to go through all of it again. Medicals cost $225. Blood test $90 Chest X-Ray $95 each so I would not say it is cheaper here. I would consider getting it done in the UK.

Julie
I was under the impression that if NZIS already had your medicals on file then they last for 2 years and you can cross reference them in your ITA... is that not the case?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

No medicals cant be more than 3 months old. Crap isnt it.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Julie
I thought if you came over on a WTR Visa you had to wait 2 years before you could apply for residency? That's what I read on the NZIS website!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

No medicals cant be more than 3 months old. Crap isnt it.
Only when you haven't submitted them. Once they are in the possession of the NZIS, they are valid for two years.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Simon, do you by any chance have a link to confirm this 2 year rule as its causing a lot of confusion?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garryhg View Post
I thought if you came over on a WTR Visa you had to wait 2 years before you could apply for residency? That's what I read on the NZIS website!!
Hi

Yes thats right if you want to get in on the work to residency visa but, we dont want to wait two years so have applied sooner (in the pool) we have been accepted just sending medicals off now.

Ju
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
Simon, do you by any chance have a link to confirm this 2 year rule as its causing a lot of confusion?
It states on the ITA (and other visa application forms), "if you have submitted medicals in the last two years please give details". When I upgraded my Work Visa to a WTR via after 4 1/2 months, I just gave them the date they were submitted and the application number and had no problems.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Simon. Hope they don't change the rules before I submit my ITA!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...C8E/0/1121.pdf

read page 4...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

We came out on a work to residency visa 8 months ago, which we had to have medicals done in the UK first, but then decided that we dont want to wait for two years for residency. We submitted an EOI which was excepted and reading the letter of Invitation to apply for residence in the paragraph about Documents required it states :
A completed MEDICAL AND CHEST X-RAY CERTIFICATE for you and your family
which are no more than 3 Months old at the time you submit this application.
May be its different for work visas to WTR?

Ju

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.