British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   confused (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/confused-441104/)

confused bird Apr 10th 2007 2:01 pm

confused

hi new to posting on this forum, but have been lerking around for a while as a guest, i am known as confused bird as myself and other half really want to move to nz, went for six wonderful weeks last september, i am a learning disability nurse hubby is an ex firefighter and now is a casual undertaker, this is where it becomes complecated for us we have a 18 year old who will not even think of coming with us, he wouldn,t even come for the six weeks, just wondering if there is anyone here who has been in a similar position or could give any advice, sorry if my introduction has been abit long.:ohmy:

happynz Apr 10th 2007 10:54 pm

Re: confused

Yes, I can see why you are a confused bird. I'm not sure if you'd like some information about relocating to New Zealand or if you have that sorted out. Perhaps you would like some tips for convincing a recalcitrant eighteen-year-old to join you on your emigration.
At any rate, good luck with what you want to do, whatever that may be.

poppets Apr 11th 2007 10:21 am

Originally Posted by confused bird (Post 4622010)
hi new to posting on this forum, but have been lerking around for a while as a guest, i am known as confused bird as myself and other half really want to move to nz, went for six wonderful weeks last september, i am a learning disability nurse hubby is an ex firefighter and now is a casual undertaker, this is where it becomes complecated for us we have a 18 year old who will not even think of coming with us, he wouldn,t even come for the six weeks, just wondering if there is anyone here who has been in a similar position or could give any advice, sorry if my introduction has been abit long.:ohmy:

winnie maybe able to help, she was in a similar position
best wishes xx

Boopy Apr 11th 2007 10:27 am

Our 19 yr old son, initially didn't want to come. Lucky for us, it was his good mates in the end that persuaded him to live in NZ.
Winnie came over with her daughter last year, within 3 weeks she'd gone back to UK. It cost alot of money, but if she didn't go she would have resented her mam. The silver lining to this cloud - she came back in January for good, this time made an effort, now at college, had friends and happy.

eileen35 Apr 11th 2007 11:01 am

hi there,
ive got an 18 yrold son too,who i am leaving behind with my parents.
not looking forward to it, but the way i look at it is,my parents wont feel so cut off,and i hope if things go ok for us,he will change his mind and follow on later.

confused bird Apr 11th 2007 5:14 pm

thanks for your replys how do i get in touch with winne?

suzi n steve Apr 11th 2007 7:51 pm

You could always ask him to give it a go for a few months with the promise that if he really doesn't like it he can come back to the UK.. Expensive I know but it may work.