Reload this Page >

Concrete Cows need schooling

Concrete Cows need schooling

Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:58 pm
IHC
Just Joined

IHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Concrete Cows need schooling

Hi all - looking for some advice here....Does anyone know if there are any good schools for a 9yr old & 12yr old boy in Remuera??
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Concrete Cows need schooling

From what I can gather from a friend who lives in Remuera ,the primary schools around the area are very good but Im unsure about I ntermediate and secondary .I will make a point of asking her when I next see her .
Old Nov 14th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

I took this from todays (14/11/2009) bay of Plenty Times. If you want to read the entire article you will find it on their website.

"Nynette Martin, who manages Impact Tauranga, a residential care programme for young women and an alternative school for teenagers, backed up the trend. She said one of the reasons some of the girls were at the alternative school was that they had been kicked out of mainstream school for anti-social behaviour.

"They are not afraid to be violent if they need to be," she said.

Education Ministry figures show a 41 per cent increase in girls being stood down, suspended or kicked out of school for assaults between 2002 and 2006. Police statistics show girls make up 30 per cent of the under 17 youth that come to their attention for violent offending - paralleling boys.

A report from the Office of the Children's Commissioner revealed bullying rates at New Zealand schools are more than 50 per cent above the international average."

Regards

Burt Badger
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

What an upbeat post that one was from what is no doubt an extensive list of gloomy articles for just this occasion.

Anyway, take a look at http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...tent/Home+Page and it should help you arrive at your own conclusion.

Remuera is considered one of the more exclusive areas, and you may pay a significant amount more for a house in zone for one of the better schools in that area.