Reload this Page >

comparisons uk vs nz

comparisons uk vs nz

Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: comparisons uk vs nz

Mod note :

For transparency to others that responded to this thread and the opening post. Also for any new posters looking in who may have been mislead, contacted or discouraged.

Despite the assertions made by the SWANA user , it appears that this person does not have the dilemma alluded to in the opening and subsequent posts. In other words , fibbed.

This little gem came via the fact that SWANA accidentally hit the 'report' button rather than the 'karma message' button , whilst sending a rather discouraging message to a brand new BE member which went something along the lines of .....

Keep away from NZ . Go anywhere else. Glad they got out.

The MO is old news & very familiar . That, along with sending karma messages of the above ilk ( I would imagine several were sent & will no doubt be subsequently flagged ) means that this particular OP has left the building.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

If you have spent 3 years here then you are in the perfect position to answer the questions you have asked.
You know the cost of living here and are now in the perfect position to compare it to the UK
You will know the level of crime here
You will know and have experienced making friends
You will know and have experienced the driving standards
Unless you have lived in a cave you will have some idea of NZ education
In the 3 years you were here did you take a holiday? there's your answer
Being born and raised in the UK I never had to integrate, you have lived here for 3 years, you know how it is.
Again the cave dwelling comes in to play, if you stepped out of yours you will have experienced the level of kiwi political correctness

You cant base a decision to stay or go on other peoples experiences.

Yes this is a forum but people do get fed up answering the same questions over and over because someone cant be bothered to
do a little search through the existing threads
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

I don't understand why anyone would do that. That's a lot of effort just to be a douche bag. I'm still fairly new so I've not come across this before.
Very weird to me...How sad their little lives must be :/
Glad they have left the building though!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:26 am
`

Misguided missionary zeal & a complete lack of understanding that one size does not fit all. Or an inbred desire to stir & upset . You get those in life.

This can apply to those on both sides of the emigrating coin. Those disillusioned and those settled.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
Misguided missionary zeal & a complete lack of understanding that one size does not fit all. Or an inbred desire to stir & upset . You get those in life.

This can apply to those on both sides of the emigrating coin. Those disillusioned and those settled.
Ah, trolls?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

charlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nice

Originally Posted by SWANA
please can I have some information on people's experience of NZ:
cost of living uk vs nz - cheaper in UK but eating very differently here eg home grown veges so this commpensates for the difference and is much healthier.
have you personally been a victim of crime uk vs nz - peeping tom in UK, burglary and racial intimidation in NZ
standard of living uk vs nz - depends on your values. There are more opportunities for consumerism in the UK and shopaholics need not apply to NZ! But if its options for a healthy lifestyle, space, fresh air and scenery that are important - NZ's the place.
ability to make friends uk vs nz - old friends are in UK. New friends are in NZ. It takes a long time to make old friends, many of my NZ friends are acquantainces from clubs, groups etc. Provincial towns can be very parochial, IME.
driving standards and roads uk vs nz - vaiable
schooling and education including university uk vs nz- NZ quals are preferred by employers in NZ, IME.
are you able to take an annual holiday abroad uk vs nz - abroad is a long way in NZ, apart from Aus! So generally no, but I still have heaps of NZ to see so don't feel the need.
how were you integrated into society uk vs nz - I'm a 'foreigner' despite being here for ages. Its easier if you are working, I think. I've done heaps of unpaid work but gathering a small group of close friends has been key for me. Unfortuantely, all have left after 3-4 yrs - mobile careers and homesickness.
how Politically correct is society uk vs nz - don't know, not important to me really.
thank you
Hope this helps. I think of myself as having 2 homes, and sometimes I just happen to be in the wrong one! I love living here but will always miss family and friends in the UK.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:31 am
`

Originally Posted by charlcote
Hope this helps. I think of myself as having 2 homes, and sometimes I just happen to be in the wrong one! I love living here but will always miss family and friends in the UK.
Hey. So many of us truly get that. I get that. Not just for NZ /UK but for all across the globe. BE shows this all over the world.

Can I just let you know please , that you are responding to someone that posted just to upset. As I clearly stated, this person is not in NZ and fibbed about this.

On that note, I am closing the thread.

It was started by someone disingenuous for whatever reason.