Reload this Page >

Compare the weekends

Compare the weekends

Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Compare the weekends

Originally Posted by marblep
My weekend in the UK consisted of going shopping, regardless of whether I needed anything. Then, because it is the absolute hub of culture, I'd spend the day at art galleries, or watching the latest movies. And then! of course, the restaurants were the best. We'd eat out and never need to eat again for a week. Yep. UK is the best. Can't wait to go home.

Tongue in cheek. Oh, yes, some of us Kiwis have a sense of humour.
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Completely missed my funny bone then, as it read like you were a bit cheesed off and so having a bit of a pop, given your thread contribution today.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, all joking
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK - housework (worked full time and couldn't face it when I got home ), food shopping.

In NZ, ( I work part time except in school holidays) walks through the forest, on the beach, drive to Akaroa, Hanmer, Kaikoura, wander through ChCh CBD to see how things are changing. Not all in one day of course .
Old Aug 6th 2013, 12:09 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey......
No lie ins for this poor old mug on a weekend (well not official ones):

Saturday - set out the midgets football (need to be at the ground by 8:15), run the midgets programme, that's 60 to 70 kids, 6 coaches and dozens of parents.....then off with kids to next game, could be till lunch or after it, depending. Then if I'm playing pile in the car to get there. Have a bad game (too old for it...) then a swift drink, back home to do dinner. Then relax in front of TV or maybe go out with her nibs (hello dear!!!!). In Summer it's kids tennis or cricket first thing both about 9am start (that's better).

Sunday - used to be off to church first thing (need to arrive 9:00 or 9:15 depending) but her nibs now keeps me in bed in the mornings, norty boy that I am, then off to somewhere for lunch and maybe for a long walk as she loves them. Back home for dinner and some lovely Kiwi TV.......thanks Freeview

Back in Blighty it was more expensive and less energetic

Saturday - do gardening or some work around the house, or maybe some work for work, pop over to see the folks or the large extended family, maybe head down to some place to shop/retail therapy. Go out to the fliks and get a meal out if we had a babysitter.

Sunday - village church and sunday school for kids, then off to the local pub for a meal, then spend the day down at the village playground or doing something in the garden unless weather was bad and then indoors with kids.