Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Old Jul 27th 2014, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Currently watching the final between NZ and South Africa and on the edge of my seat cheering for NZ.

It's going to be close but NZ are up at the moment.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Aaargh, yellow card for NZ for doing silly thing
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nooooo, watching from behind cushion now

Very well played South Africa, deserved Gold but disappointing for NZ
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute

South Africa won the gold

Hahahahaha

I can't wait to see the reaction about this. I suppose they're calling for an inquiry about the referee?
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blade Down Under

Hahahahaha

I can't wait to see the reaction about this. I suppose they're calling for an inquiry about the referee?
Old Jul 28th 2014, 4:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha

Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:14 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
Nooooo, watching from behind cushion now

Very well played South Africa, deserved Gold but disappointing for NZ
Hazelnut one lost game in 30 and that giving NZ a Silver medal. disappointing ? I don't think so, one hell of a proud achievement for any nation. Just happy to be here sharing it and happy to be living in a country where National pride still reigns supreme.

p.s SA getting one back after our Crusaders gave the Sharks a wake up last Saturday......
Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hahahahaha

You know them so well
Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Hazelnut one lost game in 30 and that giving NZ a Silver medal. disappointing ? I don't think so, one hell of a proud achievement for any nation.
Oops, sorry, didn't mean it to come across like that. I was trying to say I felt sad for the team, not in the team, as they seriously played their hearts and muscles out and a couple were close to tears coming off the pitch. To win silver is, of course, a major achievement and I hope they are welcomed back home as the great athletes they are.

The commentary here was overly focused on them being the first NZ team to ever lose a Commonwealth match which felt a bit mean to me.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 9:10 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
Oops, sorry, didn't mean it to come across like that. I was trying to say I felt sad for the team, not in the team, as they seriously played their hearts and muscles out and a couple were close to tears coming off the pitch. To win silver is, of course, a major achievement and I hope they are welcomed back home as the great athletes they are.

The commentary here was overly focused on them being the first NZ team to ever lose a Commonwealth match which felt a bit mean to me.
No I knew exactly what you meant Most Rugby supporters are ex players and just support the game and not the team, we leave that for the soccer peeps As in all walks of life total success brings out total jealousy and people like to see them fail....sad really.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've never watched it before or even understood what it is. I know the full game and find it a bit too aggressive, heavy and (committing sacrilege ) boring.

The idea of the 15minute game, which is faster with the players being more agile, really captured MrHN and I. Watching so many games in quick succession was much more interesting than a months long league.