Coming back to UK

Old May 20th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Angry Coming back to UK

what a big mistake,been back since Oct 07. Trying to find work and run a business what laugh. OH travels 70 miles a day costing £140 A WEEK, and other living costs. so do anyone else having the same thoughts as me, need to get back out ASAP.
But only one of the family does not want to go. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look forward to you thoughts on things????????????????

Regards

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old May 20th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming back to UK

Originally Posted by rockape
what a big mistake,been back since Oct 07. Trying to find work and run a business what laugh. OH travels 70 miles a day costing £140 A WEEK, and other living costs. so do anyone else having the same thoughts as me, need to get back out ASAP.

look forward to you thoughts on things????????????????

Regards

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
It doesn't really pay to go backwards. Life should be always moving forward even if you have to try a different country. It is OK to miss where you are from but once you have left mentally and then actually made the move I think you then outgrow where you have come from so it will never ever be the same. You will find the same old familiar faces walking the same streets,drinking in the same pubs and stuck in their minuscule little lives never daring to face the fear of moving. My advice is feel the fear and do it anyway!!
Old May 20th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirl
It doesn't really pay to go backwards.
I think she already has and is now regretting it...

Originally Posted by rockape
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...
Old May 20th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Any chance of them giving it a go for a specified time period, say a year? By then they should 'hopefully' have got over the majority of their homesickness and start to relish the opportunities they have out there.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzi n steve
Any chance of them giving it a go for a specified time period, say a year? By then they should 'hopefully' have got over the majority of their homesickness and start to relish the opportunities they have out there.
I think it takes about 2 years to get over homesickness unless you are the type of person who doesn't dwell on the past. My sister came here over 40 years ago and her husband said if you are still homesick in 2 years you can go home. She was homesick very much but after 2 years had passed it became much easier for her to bear and she is now happily settled. Visits UK often but would never ever return to live there. True Kiwi now and a citizen too.
Old May 21st 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rockape,
sorry to hear things are not going so well...no chance of getting back?
Old May 21st 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Coming back to UK

Hi Donna,
Getting there OH is now talking about NZ agian, so fingers crossed, Son getting married in August and his future wife wants to come out on hol's so my be she will not want to come back and start the ball rolling again.

Regards