Reload this Page >

Come on, lets have a moan!

Come on, lets have a moan!

Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:10 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Come on, lets have a moan!

Originally Posted by sky
No idea ... you tell me
Fairly easy it is, you just bring your hands together really quickly and it makes a kind of a slapping noise
Goodness Sky, you never let on you were that clever!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by mumomonty
The term is 'May' I clap if you didn't like the answer Sky gave you.

Can you is asking if you can (am I able?)

May I is asking if you may and assumes you can.

Sorry but that reply was (as the ad says 'priceless')

Yeah... I fell into that one.

So I'm assuming I can now critique your posts?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:42 am
livewire

...is this the sound of one hand clapping?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:44 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
Lol, it was only a guess, but I am sorry to hear that your financial situation has worstened.

Do you still have property in NZ or did you sell up and move lock, stock and barrel? Do you think you may be able to afford to return to NZ one day?
Sold the house & all contents but that really doesnt bother me. Yes we will move back in the next couple of years if all goes well & money wont be a factor, after this experience I could live anywhere & still be happy. It will be tough starting all over again but sometimes life is like that huh?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:30 am
livewire

Yeah, its all just stuff aye.

I guess your kids are grown up now are they still living in NZ? Mine aren't at high school yet but I know it won't seem long until they're off to Uni.

They have a good life here right now but it's a two edged sword - I know that they will probably leave NZ when they finish their degree education in order to build careers, and to earn enough to be able to afford to return here to live one day.

If we could only kill off the low wage culture in NZ it would be a fantastic place to live, second to none in the world.

Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:11 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Yeah... I fell into that one.

So I'm assuming I can now critique your posts?

Doesn't worry me if you do; I'm not fussy.
Happy Christmas everyone where ever you may be
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Doesn't worry me if you do; I'm not fussy.
Happy Christmas everyone where ever you may be
And a happy Christmas to you too mumomonty.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:12 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
And a happy Christmas to you too mumomonty.
Check out this xmas link its FAB

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Check out this xmas link its FAB

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv
Wow, but how do they sleep? :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:15 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Winnie
Wow, but how do they sleep? :scared:
Imagine the electricity bill in NZ
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:30 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

That is fantastic!!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
That is fantastic!!!
Fantastic!, it would really p**s me off if they lived next door to me. But then I hate christmas, original christmas gringe me!
KAZ
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:25 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really hate Christmas Kaz?
I find it a bit stressful but I still think I enjoy certain bits of it.
Doesn't feel the same here without my mates and my family though I must admit.
Last year we had a big bbq just before xmas and had lots of friends and some folk off here too to join us and it was great so this year feels a bit flat so far.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Do you really hate Christmas Kaz?
I find it a bit stressful but I still think I enjoy certain bits of it.
Doesn't feel the same here without my mates and my family though I must admit.
Last year we had a big bbq just before xmas and had lots of friends and some folk off here too to join us and it was great so this year feels a bit flat so far.
I did used to enjoy Christmas more in NZ, being outdoors eating, usually away on holiday somewhere and the fact that it is more low key and the kids didn't expect so much.
First scary Christmas food shop at Asda really put me off here. Just seeing the mass amount of food people load up with and the pressure everyone seems to feel to make it the best ever. The women at the checkout told me that she spends £500 per child! She would probably spend the next year paying it off.
My kids are lucky to get £100 spent on them, not that we couldn't spend more if we wanted but I just hate the fact that they think they can get loads spent on them for what should be esessentialust a time to get together with family or friends and enjoy some good food, wine and company.
Going to be a bit flat for us too this year with our oldest not being with us but enjoying himself travelling around Aus.
I hate the fact that it can be such a lonely time for lots of people. Last year I saw an elderly person buying a microwave chChristmasinner for one. That was really sad.
KAZ
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

shortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant future

I worked out that Christmas 2003 had cost us nearly £2500 if you take into account presents, catering for the large numbers of relatives who turn up on your door step and on travelling to see those who don't.

Last Christmas - went to Antigua for the week - money much better spent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.