Come On Ladies!

Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:06 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Come On Ladies!

I'm going to enter the women's duathlon and think you should all do the same - simple really!

They are happening all over the country, with the first one in February in Orewa.

I like the fact they provide a "do-able" training programme on the website and I think the distances are achievable and not too intimidating.

Be interested to see if this will spur any of you to step outside of your comfort zone and give it a whirl? The sense of achievement is amazing when you push yourself to try something new.

Ok, lifestyle guru speech over ... as you were!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come On Ladies!

I've done two of these and it's a lot of fun and a new t shirt to boot,

I'm thinking of the one in Pt Chev on 20th March and another in May
And my daughter is in training for the weetbix tryathlon
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:33 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pricklykina
I've done two of these and it's a lot of fun and a new t shirt to boot,

I'm thinking of the one in Pt Chev on 20th March and another in May
And my daughter is in training for the weetbix tryathlon
May be next year lol. Good on you though. I owe you such a mega thank you for all the help you have given us, big ((((((( hug and ))))))))) for you from me. x x
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Ooo-er, I'm seriously considering this. Have signed up for more info anyway, & will go back & have a proper look later. My life has been horrendously busy recently so finding time for anything non-essential has been tough, but I really could do with a challenge & my fitness level really isn't what it should be .

Come February I'm expecting the pressure to ease off a bit, workwise...except that my Mum comes over at the end of the month, but hopefully I should be able to find enough time, 'cos, bizarrely, it actually sounds like it could be fun
Old Jan 10th 2010, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tomsk
Ooo-er, I'm seriously considering this. Have signed up for more info anyway, & will go back & have a proper look later. My life has been horrendously busy recently so finding time for anything non-essential has been tough, but I really could do with a challenge & my fitness level really isn't what it should be .

Come February I'm expecting the pressure to ease off a bit, workwise...except that my Mum comes over at the end of the month, but hopefully I should be able to find enough time, 'cos, bizarrely, it actually sounds like it could be fun
I think it would be fun - and if you get a training partner it's an incentive to get out there and exercise ... alledgedly!

What with this and the "mature" () netball team we'll be superfit and gawjus in rapid time!

When you're over this way you can train with us! And finish up at Rain ...
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Ermmm..... just looked at the programme & not sure if I would be a walker or jogger - as I usually start off jogging then after 3 mins walk and then I read on & although it looks fab .. I haven't got a bike or one that I can ride anyway - not good on 2 wheels ! and i will be sooo busy starting netball team ! but the T shirts look great ! perhaps we can use them for our netball kit !!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:19 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'm going to enter the women's duathlon and think you should all do the same - simple really!

They are happening all over the country, with the first one in February in Orewa.

I like the fact they provide a "do-able" training programme on the website and I think the distances are achievable and not too intimidating.

Be interested to see if this will spur any of you to step outside of your comfort zone and give it a whirl? The sense of achievement is amazing when you push yourself to try something new.

Ok, lifestyle guru speech over ... as you were!
I've been on a bit of a get fit kick lately and would love to do something that didn't involve the bikes - I can't ride one My thoughts are with you though
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Batty
I've been on a bit of a get fit kick lately and would love to do something that didn't involve the bikes - I can't ride one My thoughts are with you though
Your the second person to opt out because of the cycling. I thought the cycling part was infinately preferrable to a swimming one ...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

A friend and me are doing the Christchurch one! Quite looking forward to it, although we are def going to walk, don't think my bladder or boobs could stand up to a jog!!!!