Come home, Kiwis

Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

on_the_last will become famous soon enough
Default Come home, Kiwis

I saw this on the BBC web site today:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4420670.stm
and it made me think of all the posts people had submitted about New Zealand offering a particular something that maybe didn't appeal to all, and those who wanted that will have to face some adversities (cash flow, remoteness from the UK etc.).

I also made me think that the NZ government are keen to balance the migration (quote "About 14% of New Zealanders live overseas.."), so maybe the 100-points-pass-mark for migrants will continue into 2006 and maybe the NZ government isn't facing-up to the reasons why they're having to run such a campaign

R.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:46 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Come home, Kiwis

I think as well as the skills shortages they also want Kiwis to come home with all the dosh they have made here in the Uk to help boost the economy. Either that or they are sick of us immigrants coming over.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the latter, I went to a citizenship ceremony last night and it was full of foreigners.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:55 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Nah I agree with Scottish they will just be wanting the money coming into their country lol.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:36 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

i also think they just want their kiwis back. there are so many poms over here and they can be really funny about it. sometimes, its quite insulting and you just wish you could be back in england at that very moment. i can understand them being annoyed with us lot over here but at the end of the day, most kiwis are of english or european descent anyway!!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:13 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silvermuse
i also think they just want their kiwis back. there are so many poms over here and they can be really funny about it. sometimes, its quite insulting and you just wish you could be back in england at that very moment. i can understand them being annoyed with us lot over here but at the end of the day, most kiwis are of english or european descent anyway!!
More of us should come, take the country over lol
Where I live there a three other English families and more moving to the area every week .. I think it's great
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: I'm a Brit who's lived in Auckland for the last 2 years
NZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sky
From the BBC article - Many Brits find it hard to understand why New Zealanders choose to leave their seemingly idyllic homeland and move to the UK...
Well I ****ing don't.

It's all about the money and the fact that you can't get it here, not to mention the job situation. This country may have the lowest unemployment in the world but that just means that more people are settling for mediocre jobs, just because it's so flipping expensive to live...it's better to have some money coming in than none.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:59 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by NZ Climber
Well I ****ing don't.

It's all about the money and the fact that you can't get it here, not to mention the job situation. This country may have the lowest unemployment in the world but that just means that more people are settling for mediocre jobs, just because it's so flipping expensive to live...it's better to have some money coming in than none.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Eh I didn't post that stuff in your quote NZ Climber lol
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Location: I'm a Brit who's lived in Auckland for the last 2 years
NZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sky
Eh I didn't post that stuff in your quote NZ Climber lol
I know, that's why it says "from the BBC article" at the start of the quote, for some reason it put your name at the top, sorry about that.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:46 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by NZ Climber
I know, that's why it says "from the BBC article" at the start of the quote, for some reason it put your name at the top, sorry about that.
No probs