Collywobbles!!!

Old Jun 13th 2014, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

emmawoo77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Collywobbles!!!

So we are pretty much locked stocked and ready to rock and I have been feeling wobbly all day. Everything here feels more vivid today, like I'm noticing what we are leaving behind. Please tell me this is normal part of the process. I cant find my enthusiasum today and feeling clingy to my house, boys nursery (not my job!!) and friends and family.

Thanks
Emma
Old Jun 13th 2014, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Collywobbles!!!

Absolutely and when you arrive this may heighten.
I don't get on with my mum at all but on her birthday, the first one when we were here, I got really upset that I wasn't closer to pop in or go for a meal etc, hubby said but you don't like your mum, true but emotions do funny things.
It will be a roller coaster of emotions so buckle up, and hang on tight x
Old Jun 13th 2014, 9:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

You're coming to NZ you will still get wobbles here
To be perfectly frank I couldn't wait to leave, had spent 2 weeks with the inlaws and that was enough. lovely people but not 2 weeks worth and she had upset me when I was there. FIL had gone on about how much we were hurting them taking the grandchildren away. Sorry to say but my attitude is their my children and I do what I think is best for them and us and not what other people think. It's natural you are entering an unknown so you are bound to feel pulled by what you are accustomed to. We had booked for a return visit after 6mths, didn't have mine of childrens visa when we left, so I suppose I had that to look forward to and on our return after the holiday we had moving house arranged so again something to look forward to.
just think in just under 5 weeks you would of been here over the jet lag and getting on your feet. How exciting
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Well a couple of weeks on from this post and our house is upside down, our visas are approved, we are swiftly deconstructing our life as we know it and going through very rapid cycles of extreme highs and extreme lows/freak outs!!! All in all though we cant wait. just tricky to move from very settled to 'god only knows'.. Thanks for your comments x
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

sghall is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you are feeling! I'm the same but we sticking around here and hopefully comin January if all visas get approved! Where u heading to Emma?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Yup completely normal. I remember vast swings from OMG this is SO AWESOME to 'are you absolutely mental you idiot?' feelings. Best of luck and keep us all posted
Old Jun 27th 2014, 4:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Emma, what you're feeling is perfectly normal, the move has become 'now' instead of some random point in the future.

I was all happy about the move, I'd thought it through so much that I had everything sorted in my head. I then booked the one way ticket and that plunged me into a few days of serious doubts: 'what am I doing?', 'why haven't I thought this through properly?', 'this is the most stupid and ridiculous thing I've ever done', 'I'm going to regret this', 'Aaargggh I'm moving to the other side of the world' and appertaining to me only 'all this for a man'

Obviously everything turned out ok!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

thank goodness for that because it is so easy to see what we are 'giving up' but not so clear what we are 'gaining' apart from what we think it might be. This is our third visit in 15 months and 6th visit overall. we know NZ as much as we can know it and lived in Aus but this was before kids, schools, grandparents, the point in my career when I can finally see the possibiilty of practicing privately....

BUT we have many friends NZ side, love the place and have the 'luxury' of my OH not having to work in the short term and be able to put the boys in daycare a day a week to make friends. So I guess the baseline is there the rest is up to us!... x
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

You have kids, you'll be fine, we have made so many friends through the kids we are busier than we were in England. Take this weekend for example, fri eve friends call in, kids go to youth club with different friends, we help out at scout fund raiser, Saturday rugby match more friends, Saturday evening mid winter/Xmas meal with 4 families then Sunday swimming with some other friends of the kids, can't wait for the school holiday to come then I can relax
Old Jun 29th 2014, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Those swings will continue for a good few months, if not longer. All normal, but think forwards, to all the new wonderful adventures you will have!