The Coffin Club.

Old Oct 10th 2016, 4:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default The Coffin Club.

Here's a hobby for you all once you hit 60 and over or for on a rainy day.

Join The Coffin Club

and DIY
Old Oct 10th 2016, 4:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Coffin Club.

Ye gods and little boarlets!!!!!

Not a bad idea actually. At least they are unique. When I was in my final year at Junior school, we used to do basketry. I loved those classes. I think I may well weave my own coffin. I saw one in a hearse, with country flowers on top and it was the most beautiful coffin I've ever seen. I remember thinking that I would want one like that, never thought of making it myself before now though.

I'm still too young to join for now.
Old Oct 10th 2016, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Over the hill but too busy to start worrying
Old Oct 10th 2016, 9:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Over the hill but too busy to start worrying
My great pal here got cremated in her personally purple painted flowered cardboard coffin a couple of years ago.

Was fab. So personal. So free. So absolutely her. She was just 58
Old Oct 10th 2016, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

It's a fabulous idea isn't it!
I know you used to be able to buy coffins on Trade me last time I looked but to make your own is better. It'll hopefully make people smile and they'll remember you for who you were and not just focus on the sadness of you leaving them.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

My mother was cremated in a woven willow coffin earlier this year and it was, indeed, beautiful. Sustainable and giving apprecticeship oportunities to local kids as they learned how to make them. I love the idea of clubs like this and think they should be open to any age. We've found that having a reasonably robust attitude towards death in our family helps a lot when we lose friends and family members. Mother's funeral was all planned with her, in advance, and was a wonderful celebration of who she was and the many wonderful things she did in her life.
Reading the article from The Guardian I love how compassionate this is, 'the group also construct baby coffins for the local hospital, which they donate for free.' To be able to embrace your baby with a coffin that's been created and personalised with love by a community must be very comforting.