Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Coast to Coast - you done it/ fancy doing it?

Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:49 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coast to Coast - you done it/ fancy doing it?

This whole kiwi 'getting out there' outlook finds me looking at

www.coasttocoast.co.nz

Has anyone on here done it and have any advice for someone looking at possibly doing it?

Anyone here in NZ fancy doing it too? The next one is Feb 2010 so plenty of time to train/ think up excuses

Hmmmmmm......
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coast to Coast - you done it/ fancy doing it?

By your picture I thought it was a 'bike' event - then looked on the web site and realised it involved running , cycling & kayaking !!!! Whilst we want to embrace the outdoor lifestyle as much as possible I don't think I will be ready for Feb 2010 but am willing to hand out paper cups of water & roll bodies up in foil & feed em mars bars !!! including mine - all that energy used handing out water is sooooooooooooo tiring
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:39 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quoted from the site;

"Top competitors take ten and three quarter hours to cover the 243kms while the slowest time every recorded was twenty-four and a half hours. "

So perhaps I could aim to smash the slowest ever record?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:43 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Worked with a guy who did it two years ago. Super fit (and quite boring about it), and he came back to work two days after event and was still spewing/aching/moaning then. He was back at work for just the day and went off on the sick for a week to recover.

Sounds like fun - Sign me up - NOT
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:19 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take all that as a no then eh?

I mean really, how hard can a bit of a pedal, a bit of a run, a bit of a paddle and a bit more of a pedal be?

Easy right? Ah well, everyone needs a target and so I reckon this one will be mine.

I sure ain't super fit right now, but prepare to be bored by me banging on about it regardless
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:38 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
I'll take all that as a no then eh?

I mean really, how hard can a bit of a pedal, a bit of a run, a bit of a paddle and a bit more of a pedal be?

Easy right? Ah well, everyone needs a target and so I reckon this one will be mine.

I sure ain't super fit right now, but prepare to be bored by me banging on about it regardless
You go for it my love and all credit to you. Can we have before and after photos of you?!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
You go for it my love and all credit to you. Can we have before and after photos of you?!
Haha! Cheers chicky :-)

Course you can have pics. That's if they let cameras in to A & E for the after pic

Think I'll start off here:

http://www.sbsmarathon.co.nz/

1/2 marathon should settle me in nicely.

Gosh, it's easy to talk about it isn't it? Wonder if it's as easy to do it....
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:12 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Haha! Cheers chicky :-)

Course you can have pics. That's if they let cameras in to A & E for the after pic

Think I'll start off here:

http://www.sbsmarathon.co.nz/

1/2 marathon should settle me in nicely.

Gosh, it's easy to talk about it isn't it? Wonder if it's as easy to do it....
Man I knew it was cold down south - it's gone to your head

Southern man
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:41 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

No. When I get that close to insanity and craziness I prefer to simply up my medication.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:01 am
Who loves you, baby?

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess

No. When I get that close to insanity and craziness I prefer to simply up my medication.
I just think to myself, if I'm really good in this life I might, might mind you, get another turn and be reborn so I'll do it then. So in the mean time, lets rack up them being bad points