Reload this Page >

cnc programming/machining job advice

cnc programming/machining job advice

Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

gazbut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cnc programming/machining job advice

hi all
can anyone please advise me on job prospects for cnc programmer/machinist jobs in new zealand?
i am seriously thinking about emigrating with my wife and 2yr old little girl. we want to move from the uk to hopefully give us and more importantly our daughter a better life in NZ.
i am 39 years old and time served with more than 20 years cnc engineering experience in the automotive industry and the last 3 years cnc wood machining.
does anyone know what kind of salary this sort of job earns and what is the availability of these jobs like??
any advice would be greatly appreciated
thankyou
gazbut
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:51 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cnc programming/machining job advice

Hiya

My hubby is a moldmaker in plastics injection molding. I was wondering the same kind of thing. Apparently 40% of manufacturing is in Auckland, and as they have about 25% of the population there, it's safe to say most jobs would probably be there.

Here is a thread I started a few days ago.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:06 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cnc programming/machining job advice

http://www.workingin-newzealand.com/areas/52

These lot keep in touch regularly, you should be able to find a bit.
I'm in Aircraft, and found a lot from email replies to my "this is me" message sent to potential employers.