Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Which clothes to bring

Which clothes to bring

Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Question Which clothes to bring

Hello everyone !

We are due to arrive in Auckland middle Sept . Whilst going through the endless lists of jobs still to do was wondering what clothes to bring with us, and which to put in the container ?
I think it will be coming to the end of winter ? so do I need to bring winter woolies, or will t-shirts with light coats(waterproof of course ) be ok ?

Thank you
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which clothes to bring

Originally Posted by anniiee
Hello everyone !

We are due to arrive in Auckland middle Sept . Whilst going through the endless lists of jobs still to do was wondering what clothes to bring with us, and which to put in the container ?
I think it will be coming to the end of winter ? so do I need to bring winter woolies, or will t-shirts with light coats(waterproof of course ) be ok ?

Thank you
A good mix of the above, layering up is the key here, late winter is quite variable in terms of its weather, so make sure you have a decent waterproof and maybe a warmish fleece to wear under it
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:51 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Move to the Kapiti Coast instead - then you wouldn't need any clothes
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

dkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud of

Bring layers!
The problem is that in, say, London on a midwinter evening you walk off literally freezing streets into warm houses, but in Wellington you walk off mildly chilly streets and find the house is scarcely warmer than outdoors. It's beginning to change with new building regs and government grants for insulation, but as a new migrant I do find I need to keep an extra fleece or sweater on when I'm indoors.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Move to the Kapiti Coast instead - then you wouldn't need any clothes
Not true blame the media:eek

D
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Thanks for your replies, layers it is
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

you know whats a good thing to bring. I know this as my friend brought me one while visiting. Go to primark and buy one of there wee cagools(sp lol) in a bag they are so handy, Whats good about them is there not heavy on so when you do get stuck in a rain shower you can cover up but not be sweating as we find it really warm when the rains on. you can fit them in your bag or leave them in the boot etc . brilliant things and only a fiver or something
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:28 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Buy every single shoe in clarks.

Ship them over.

Sell them to Brits on this site and you will never have to work again.

Oh, and some M&S bra's. They are good too.

I'm not joking about the shoes - I found a gorgeous pair in a shoe store here for $240. They are £60 or something in the UK. I was howling when I saw that.