British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Clocks go BACK this weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/clocks-go-back-weekend-875185/)

MrsFychan Apr 1st 2016 3:56 am

Clocks go BACK this weekend

1 Attachment(s)

Bo-Jangles Apr 2nd 2016 5:01 am

Re: Clocks go BACK this weekend

Such a bummer, I can't bear the thought of it getting dark at this time tomorrow and the slippery slide into Winter begins. :(

BEVS Apr 2nd 2016 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 11911571)
Such a bummer, I can't bear the thought of it getting dark at this time tomorrow and the slippery slide into Winter begins. :(

Me neither.

It seems to have come round very quickly this year.

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 2nd 2016 8:54 am

Nor me. I hate winter with a passion, especially the damp Auckland ones :( .

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 4th 2016 5:49 am

Anyone else feeling low already?? I feel really down today and going grocery shopping didn't help. The price of vegetables :scaredhair:. I want to go home :nod:.

Charismatic Apr 4th 2016 7:07 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11910602)

Cher? You realise the clocks go back an hour not back to the 60s.

Bo-Jangles Apr 4th 2016 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 11912940)
Anyone else feeling low already?? I feel really down today and going grocery shopping didn't help. The price of vegetables :scaredhair:. I want to go home :nod:.

Funny that, I noticed that the price of tomatoes and cucumber had doubled in New World today and thought 'woah, that's it summer is now officially over'.

paddy234 Apr 4th 2016 2:51 pm

I actually don't mind the cooler weather and with plenty of days still in around 20 degrees and over in Christchurch the good weather isn't over yet. It doesn't really start to get quite cold here until May and by August it starts warming up anyway. We have been getting some warm/hot sunny days since September so let's be honest we are definitely spoilt with good weather here so it's nice for a bit of a change just to mix things up. Having warm/hot weather constantly all year round would be boring. Just make sure you have a well insulated home as that what stings the most if you don't :-/

Stormer999 Apr 4th 2016 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by paddy234 (Post 11913356)
I actually don't mind the cooler weather and with plenty of days still in around 20 degrees and over in Christchurch the good weather isn't over yet. It doesn't really start to get quite cold here until May and by August it starts warming up anyway. We have been getting some warm/hot sunny days since September so let's be honest we are definitely spoilt with good weather here so it's nice for a bit of a change just to mix things up. Having warm/hot weather constantly all year round would be boring. Just make sure you have a well insulated home as that what stings the most if you don't :-/

Spot on Paddy...:thumbup:
Chch has early frost bringing on big blue skies shorts and tee shirt by 10.00 am motorbike weather 12 months of the year. Certainly the place to be, never going to need a clothes drier here. ;)

garethwm Apr 4th 2016 8:02 pm

In Auckland, April has some of the best weather, I think. Cooler nights, and daily highs around 19 to 22 degrees and some stretches of sunny calm days mingled with the rainy ones.