Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Clearing the loft out!

Clearing the loft out!

Old Aug 20th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Default Clearing the loft out!

We have exchanged contracts on the house and are set for completion on 29th September. I fly in 3 weeks with boys, husband follows after exchange, with daughter.

I thought I would leave him to clear loft and arrange for the shipping..........thank goodness I haven't.

Decided to empty the loft yesterday.....why, why, why have we kept all of this crap?

A plastic clock from Aunty Annie, given as a wedding present 21 years ago - not even worth taking to the car boot sale, old school text books with 'turn to page 39' in the front, when you turn to page 39 'you are a W****R, turn to page 100 - '****** ****** ** ****' turn to page XX, etc., trousers that my husband can hardly fit his legs into, let alone his waist, children's soft toys - complete with left on baby sick, old cot - why - already have 4 children and certainly no intention of having more - grandchildren, maybe - but last son decided he was hungry one night and one side has been totally gnawed!!, oh! and a goat skin rug which belonged to my husband before we met - he sat reminiscing for over an hour about this rug - dread to think about what!!??!!, LP's that my husband wants to buy a player for - our children spent the day absolutly creased up.

Looks like we will need a bigger container.

Anyone found anything exciting in their lofts and worth taking?
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:00 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Clearing the loft out!

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
children's soft toys - complete with left on baby sick, old cot - why -
We're busy sorting through the house, and fattie found all her old soft toys, so now we have to take them with us as well - WHY and we haven't even got kids that might like them !!!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clearing the loft out!

We have been sorting our loft for the anticipated move out of this house. Tried to go car boot again today- (aborted last week cos of rain ), when we arrived today found everyone had arrived early and there was no more space! So for a second week came home with a car load!
Sorted it out and will take some to charity shop tomorrow. Have put a few items on ebay and have put 7 items onto 'freecycle'- within 5 mins they had been 'taken' and will be collected tomorrow!What a fantastic site it is.
So a good day after all the hassle this morning. I'm too embarrassed to tell you all the junk we had!