Cleaning!!!

Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of
Default Cleaning!!!

Hi, we are due to move to NZ later this year. We know everything needs to be clean from dust and soil. We heard it's a good idea to wipe everything down with Miltons (baby cleaning stuff) does anyone know if this is true? If not, any suggestions in what we could use. 13 weeks, 6 days before we fly YIPEEEEEEEEEE 😎 Thank you. Pigdog.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:32 pm
Going Home after 22 years

napierlass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cleaning!!!

Most of the shippers we have looked into say Jeyes Fluid for outside stuff and shoes. But I am no expert as we haven't booked our shipping company yet and go in 11 weeks.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

As Napierlass says, diluted Jeyes on anything that's been used outside - shoes, bikes, sporting goods, tents, garden furniture. I love the smell of Jeyes in the morning, smells like victory.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

Jeyes Fluid, where did I get Miltons from ??????? Thank you so much for that. We choose Pickfords. Friends from UK to NZ used them, said they were fantastic. I rang them yesterday and arranged a pick up for 15th Sept, they pack everything. Good luck.

Thank you Mark. Victory is stepping off that plane in NZ and hopefully not coming back to the UK.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 15th 2014 at 10:16 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Kentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant futureKentishgirl has a brilliant future

Yes to Jeyes fluid. Boots, shoes and anything that has ever been outside. PSS did use some kind of spray on the wheels of the bikes as well.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Use Jeyes fluid and also if its moveable (if you dont have one) jet wash bikes, outside items etc first, then Jeyes fluid. The trick is to get anything like that totally 'stinking' of the stuff.

Also with outside boots etc, suggest you pack those yourself in a box and mark up accordingly, that way all your footwear will be in one place if customs wants to have a look.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentishgirl
Yes to Jeyes fluid. Boots, shoes and anything that has ever been outside. PSS did use some kind of spray on the wheels of the bikes as well.
I cleaned my golf clubs, golf shoes and Rugby books in Jeyes Fluid.

I then painstakingly cleaned my bike in Jeyes Fluid - only for PSS to spray the thing any way.

I'd have an honest conversation with your shipper about what they're going to do.

Our was down to a misunderstanding I think (it came second hand from my wife). My wife told me that we could either clean the bike or PSS would do it for 25 quid. I decided to do the former and for some reason they sprayed in anyway.

It took me about two hours to go over every inch of my bike to make it spotless. I should have just decided to pay the 25 quid ...
Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Moral of the story is - If you spray your rugby books with Jeyes fluid , expect them to never be the same again.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Moral of the story is - If you spray your rugby books with Jeyes fluid , expect them to never be the same again.

'k' is nowhere near 't' ... *facepalm*
Old Jul 16th 2014, 7:31 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Virkon S as recommended by the shippers, pink powder that mixes easily and sprays without residue, wife is a microbiologist and says it is the best.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 11:14 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

We used Virkon S as well, supplied by the removal company and only paid for what we used so no worry about over buying