British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Class of August 2010 Meetup (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/class-august-2010-meetup-684360/)

simonsi Sep 7th 2010 12:58 am

Class of August 2010 Meetup

Hi All, as we were in danger of using the August 2010 thread for purposes for which it wasn´t intended AND it will unsticky and disappear pretty soon I´ve started this thread to pick up where we left off setting up a meet.

So far, from those who arrived in August these have said they are up to meet up:

02nd August Simosi (Auckland)
09th August Dewb09 (Nelson, then Kapiti Coast)
11th August rogercruse (Auckland) TBC
12th August Killercat (Auckland)
12th August 127luton ( Welly)
12th August JaneyK (Auckland)
16th August lisamct (Rotorua)

and we have 3 suggestions so which do you prefer? - select those you would be ok with (if more than one), in the pol at the top....

simonsi Sep 7th 2010 1:02 am

Re: Class of August 2010 Meetup

Think Tree Adventures is 5+ so our youngest can´t do the courses??

rogercruse Sep 7th 2010 7:26 am

I'm up for (almost) anything it will be good to put faces to names and to compare stories.

It'll just be me as my wife won't be arriving until 20th Sept and then she'll only be here for three weeks.

She then returns to the UK to sort out containers, cars disposal, property sale/rental and collect her work pension for 30 years service. She will finally and fully arrive next March.

janeyk Sep 8th 2010 3:04 am

any of the above or a coffee to kick off not sure its picnic weather yet it would be good to meet Mrs Rogercruse! and others

witty Sep 8th 2010 4:40 am

I came here in June but my family came on the 29th August. If we are allowed then we will come if we can.

rogercruse Sep 8th 2010 4:58 am

Originally Posted by witty (Post 8833211)
I came here in June but my family came on the 29th August. If we are allowed then we will come if we can.

I can't see thats going to be a problem... you might have to stand at the back;)

BEVS Sep 8th 2010 8:01 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 8830718)
Hi All, as we were in danger of using the August 2010 thread for purposes for which it wasn´t intended AND it will unsticky and disappear pretty soon I´ve started this thread to pick up where we left off setting up a meet.

Raspberries. :p

You are now in danger of me turning up unannounced

Have you linked.

londonescapee Sep 8th 2010 8:21 am

mememe I'd like to come along! It may just be me as husband may dogsit (if dog is here by then :thumbsup:). No preference on location, can drive (have an ancient hire car until we sort something out).

lisamct Sep 8th 2010 8:31 am

I'm happy to go where ever suits, dont know any of the places in the poll so havent voted but can travel to where ever we all choose.

All I need is lots of notice so I can put off duty requests in for the time off.

rogercruse Sep 8th 2010 9:14 am

Originally Posted by janeyk (Post 8833137)
any of the above or a coffee to kick off not sure its picnic weather yet it would be good to meet Mrs Rogercruse! and others

I'm up for a coffee either with or without my wife (

BTW She's in New Zealand from 20th September and we're going to be travelling around North Island for a couple of weeks. She then returns to the UK for a few months to organise containers, depose of cars, sale/rent our property and collect her work pension after thirty years service before finally return to NZ

bunnyphobia Sep 8th 2010 8:56 pm

Me too! (although as a 'temp' visitor rather than full on expat, I assume I'll also have to stand at the back? :unsure:)

I just want any excuse to go explore and meet people, really :p

janeyk Sep 8th 2010 9:11 pm

what about 19th September 10.30 Browns Bay the cafe opposite the playground or the following week?

Dewb09 Sep 8th 2010 9:16 pm

wow this meet up is looking good :thumbsup: what I didnt notice was it was all you Auckland based lot going :o doh Not sure an Auckland meet up would be on the cards given its about 7 hours from here :(

Dewb

simonsi Sep 10th 2010 1:14 am

We can make either, :fingerscrossed: for good weather!

janeyk Sep 10th 2010 1:23 am

we will go for the 19th then!