Civil Engineers

Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

robc1985 will become famous soon enough
Default Civil Engineers

I am a Civil Engineering Technician and I know that I would be able to get a job in NZ pretty easilly. Are there many Civils people on here and where abouts would you say it's happening. I know few guys doing Civils in Wellington.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Civil Engineers

Originally Posted by robc1985
I am a Civil Engineering Technician and I know that I would be able to get a job in NZ pretty easilly. Are there many Civils people on here and where abouts would you say it's happening. I know few guys doing Civils in Wellington.

auckland has the most jobs, but there are jobs in wellington and christchurch and other cities too. have you looked on seek.co.nz

otherwise you can contact some of the civils companies directly, try the councils, or companies like maunsell, beca, opus, skm, mwh, connell wagner etc. You can also try some of the contractors, fletcher, leighton etc....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

If its any help I am a civil engineer working in Auckland. Private company I am working for is not recruiting and has laid off some staff. There is work about depending on your area but it is starting to become tight. I think public sector may get a wage freeze this year.

Basically if you have a secure job in UK I would ride this one out for a year to see how things pan out. I don't think global recession has fully hit here yet but I am sure it is coming!!

M
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all

Hi
Im in Auckland working for the contracting arm of a large consulting engineering company, at the momment everything seems good, in fact I believe that they are still taking people on.
There are still many projects on going and some new ones promised to start soon so we think that we should be ok.
Anyway, if any of you guys need any sampling done let me know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMx27YE8m4 Have a look at this...I operate this rig here in Auckland.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Civil Engineers

Originally Posted by robc1985
Yes, I was in the same boat and there are currently companies recruiting. Opus in Wellington might be a good place to start, they are a very conservative and stable engineering company who often recruit foreign workers.