British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   City and guilds level 3 diploma leadership and management (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/city-guilds-level-3-diploma-leadership-management-937010/)

Alex1017 Feb 7th 2021 10:32 pm

City and guilds level 3 diploma leadership and management

Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice on my qualifications and if they are recognised and equivalent to a NZQA. I have a City and guilds level 3 diploma in leadership and management and I'm currently a shift manager in an engineering/manufacturing business, which I have held for the past 6 years. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

BEVS Feb 10th 2021 5:24 am

Re: City and guilds level 3 diploma leadership and management

Originally Posted by Alex1017 (Post 12969266)
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice on my qualifications and if they are recognised and equivalent to a NZQA. I have a City and guilds level 3 diploma in leadership and management and I'm currently a shift manager in an engineering/manufacturing business, which I have held for the past 6 years. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

What advice are you looking for? You will need something that NZ does not have already and especially right now.

BEVS Feb 10th 2021 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Alex1017 (Post 12969266)
Hi all,

What advice are you looking for? You will need something that NZ does not have already and especially so right now.

Bo-Jangles Feb 10th 2021 7:42 am

Is your diploma anywhere near equivalent of a degree? I believe NZQA views Level 5 & 6 diplomas as being equivalent to a degree, Likely you need to some more papers to upgrade your qualifications. You would be competing in the job market with degree qualified folks and unlikely you would be in the running for a role unless you have some unigue or niche skills in certain industry. Don't forget also that your quallies and work experience have to be in the same field.

Alex1017 Feb 10th 2021 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12970058)
What advice are you looking for? You will need something that NZ does not have already and especially right now.

I'm wanting to know If my quals would be enough to secure a visa. I have done an initial assessment on NZ shores(sent them my CV) and they have said I may be eligible for a visa. Just wanted to get tge advice from some of you guys. Thanks for your help

Alex1017 Feb 10th 2021 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 12970093)
Is your diploma anywhere near equivalent of a degree? I believe NZQA views Level 5 & 6 diplomas as being equivalent to a degree, Likely you need to some more papers to upgrade your qualifications. You would be competing in the job market with degree qualified folks and unlikely you would be in the running for a role unless you have some unigue or niche skills in certain industry. Don't forget also that your quallies and work experience have to be in the same field.

Thanks for the advice. I am planning on on competing the level 5 but just wanted to know if my existing quals would be enough to secure a visa really.