Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This citizenship malarky

This citizenship malarky

Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:43 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: This citizenship malarky

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You will not be without your passports for 6 months although you will be without them for a while. Should you need your passports whilst they finish processing the application, then they will return them to you pronto.
How do you get it back pet?

Is there a form you can fill in or can you ring some one?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:13 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This citizenship malarky

Regarding return of documents while a naturalisation application is being processed, the following is from the FAQs of the citizenship pages of the NZ Department of Internal Affairs (italics mine):

After I apply, when will my documents be returned to me?

If you are required to attend an interview, your documents will be returned to you at your interview, which will usually be four to five months after we receive your application.

If you are not required to attend a citizenship interview, your documents will be couriered to you when the processing of your application is completed.

If you need your documents returned earlier the request may be taken by phone or email from the applicant, consenting parent or agent. Please contact us with the following information:
• Your full name/name of applicant(s)
• Your date of birth/applicant(s) date of birth
• Application number(s) (if known)
• Courier address (for return of documents)
• When the documents are required
• Reason for the early return of documents
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
[rant]
I have to wait an additional six months for my application to be processed...yes, because of course we can all live without our papers for six months .

I'm tired of the whole torrid affair and I've not even had to learn the words to the anthem yet . Is there any way round this? I'd have thought her maj. would have been pleased enough that I was going to loyal to the crown without swearing another oath given I was born in England as where my parents and their parents before them (and so on) .

Is it even citizenship? I thought we where all subjects.
[/rant]
THanks for the intro Charismatic, it gives me a far better understanding of you as one of the "I want it now generation"

Here's a link to the national anthem words etc

http://www.mch.govt.nz/anthem/

Personally unless you are expected to sing it solo I wouldn't worry too much.

I have to say I think it is a great idea for it to be included in the citizenship requirements and am suprised there's not a Te Reo component in your study.

Maybe I will see you on youtube at some stage singing
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:18 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: This citizenship malarky

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
you as one of the "I want it now generation"
Now? Now?

I wanted it a quarter of an hour ago.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:28 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Here's a link to the national anthem words etc

http://www.mch.govt.nz/anthem/
And here's the music. We expect a full rendition, in the printed key, next Monday morning.

Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:30 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I remember learning that at Brownies!! So if an 8 year old can do it so can you.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:58 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: This citizenship malarky

Originally Posted by jmh
I remember learning that at Brownies!! So if an 8 year old can do it so can you.
You have high expectations.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

That will be in the scale of G major.. just one sharp ..
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:11 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

You have high expectations.
My 6 year old could teach you - although she's inserted her own version something to do with "smelly feet" replacing "at they feet" ...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:41 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

from the bonds of coronation street

Here our voices, tweet tweet tweet....
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

ginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
from the bonds of coronation street

Here our voices, tweet tweet tweet....
and then it goes....'God defend our toilet seat'

well that's what we used to sing at school anyway...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:00 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginabridget
and then it goes....'God defend our toilet seat'

well that's what we used to sing at school anyway...
Yep! that's it. I was definitely remembering school assemblies when I was writing that
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:51 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yotty
That will be in the scale of G major.. just one sharp ..
That's the one. We want to keep things as simple as possible for the pianist...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't say that if you'd seen my tax records ...

North Koreans?

Serously though one of the things I like about New Zealand is that it's so easy to move here. You only have to prove that your going to be a good, productive citizen and you'll easily get PR.
OMG!
What a load a spherical objects!!
How come someone like you got through the 5 denier nets?
So glad there is at least one thing you like about NZ. But so sad that you are living under such an illusion.
What are the other things you like about NZ?
If that is a difficult question to answer, I guess you may move on to somewhere more compatible with your values or lack of!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but there is only a delay if lots of people apply (apparently).

Here is how it works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of...p_(New_Zealand)
I know how it works,
but how does it sound?
................................[listening to charismatic humming softly to her/himself].................................................. ..
A- Ah! I thought so!
The aliens forgot to remove their anal probe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.