Churches

Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

tkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nice
Question Churches

hey there,

me and hubby are hoping to settle in north island,
we are christian, and wonderred how easy it is to find a lively church, which is involved in the local community.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

tkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nicetkirya is just really nice
Question Re: Churches

Originally Posted by buckley
hmmmmm
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:48 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Churches

My grandmother was an integral part of her local church before she died 2 years ago. Like in the UK there has been dropping church attendance, and because Gran lived in a less populated area the congregation (Anglican) had to share the church with the Catholics. Nobody seemed to mind.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jmh
My grandmother was an integral part of her local church before she died 2 years ago. Like in the UK there has been dropping church attendance, and because Gran lived in a less populated area the congregation (Anglican) had to share the church with the Catholics. Nobody seemed to mind.
thanks!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to me to be no shortage of churches of all denominations, so I am sure you will find one no matter where you settle. There's lots of the modern style evangelical Churches that attract the crowds and younger folks.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice
Smile Re: Churches

We experienced no difficulty finding an amazing local church, which plays a huge part in the local community.
We were lucky to walk in by chance one Sunday and within a very short time realized it was the Church for us. From my experience Christianity plays a much bigger role in NZ generally and Church attendance is high amongst all ages.
We live in South Auckland and the Church has helped us enormously with our settling in process. They were welcoming, friendly and very supportive. Our lives revolve around Church events, lunches, picnics and outings etc...and our lives are so much fuller for it and happier!

We realized we were in a special place when after only attending for a couple of months we were invited to spend Christmas day with Our Minister, wife and family as they were aware that our first Christmas without family was going to be a hard one. They open up their home every Sunday following the service for lunch and fellowship and often through the week. We've never quite experienced that before anywhere in the UK nor during our travels. We've been truly blessed and I wish you all the success also in finding a good local Church to you. I have no doubt that you will.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:57 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Churches

Originally Posted by jmh
That would have made the elevation of the host interesting as the Anglicans and Catholics have irretrievably different beliefs at that stage of the ceremony.

Did they share the services or just the physical building?

BB
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:48 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That would have made the elevation of the host interesting as the Anglicans and Catholics have irretrievably different beliefs at that stage of the ceremony.

Did they share the services or just the physical building?

BB
Just the building I think
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tkirya;8828194]hey there,

me and hubby are hoping to settle in north island,
we are christian, and wonderred how easy it is to find a lively church, which is involved in the local community. [/QUOTE

I have been to lively Anglican, Baptist, Elim, independant churches in Auckland and Wellington, Tauranga is the 'bible belt' area (there's a bible college there and Bethlehem College is a christian school -I work there) . We attend a small village church that was orginally part of a bigger Baptist church near Tauranga. Those churches get involved in the community.
Do PM me if want to chat about it.
Helen

Last edited by helinuk; Sep 10th 2010 at 10:22 am.