CHUBBY

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:36 pm
Ann and John

Ann and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy CHUBBY

Hi Everyone,
Just had my weekend ruined when I read that someone had their medical declines because their BMI was high.
We had hoped to go out next year to join our family on the family visa thing when I retire. Maybe we wont be able to go now eh! I am a chubby 62 year old Granny and I am sure my BMI will be highish. I understand that the NZ Gov. wont want people coming to live if they are going to be a burden but blimey I'm active, fit and will have private health insurance.All i want is to join my family. Is this going to be a big NO NO then and I'll be turned down. Anyone out their who can give me good news or will I just end all the plans now ( I have already lost 3 stone just becaues I wanted too and the thought of another three............................shudder !!!)
Help ! Regards Ann ( who was in quite a good mood until 5 minutes ago !!)
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHUBBY

Ann
Try this link,it should help you calculate your BMI.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine...bmi/index.aspx

My BMI was 40 at my medical so I am crossing everything right now. I have heard on here that a BMI >40 has been rejected so really hoping will be ok as in good general health.

Phyllis

Last edited by weejie; Aug 3rd 2008 at 3:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:04 pm
Ann and John

Ann and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the roughAnn and John is a jewel in the rough

Hi Phyllis,
Thanks for this. I tried the site and I am under ( just!!!) the 40.................thank the Lord !!! If I had tried this site this afternooon BEFORE I took the dog for a walk up the hills I wouldn't be sitting here shattered now. Are you the lady who knows Claire and Ewan (I'm Ewans Mum)? The lucky things went off to NZ to start their new life last Wednesday which is terrific but I miss them already so still feeling a wee bit fragile.
Thanks for your help, Regards Ann
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know Claire and Ewan Did they arrive safely then? Tell them hi from me next time you talk. I submitted ITA on Thursday,so fingers xd.I take it they praised BE forum and recommended you took a look Good to make your aquaintance.

Phyllis
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: CHUBBY

Originally Posted by weejie
Ann
Try this link,it should help you calculate your BMI.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine...bmi/index.aspx

My BMI was 40 at my medical so I am crossing everything right now. I have heard on here that a BMI >40 has been rejected so really hoping will be ok as in good general health.

Phyllis
Thanks for this link, was amazed, had assumed OH would be over 40 due to size of him and wasn't looking forward to medical, although it is mostly muscle not fat but he's not.... 30.9 something is going right for us then...

Nic