Christ's College

Old Jul 17th 2010, 12:31 am

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Christ's College

Have lived in Christchurch for a few years before and know about CC from just looking and hearsay,but now we have just heard that my kids have passed the entrance exam and have places to start 2011 ( not as dumb as they look maybe ??!! or maybe school is desperate) and so we are thinking about returning as we have been for a while .... but before we post our cheques etc would love to hear some first hand info from families that have or have had their kids there ... cheers,many thanks.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:03 am

Unhappy Re: Christ's College

Originally Posted by daisycutter View Post
Have lived in Christchurch for a few years before and know about CC from just looking and hearsay,but now we have just heard that my kids have passed the entrance exam and have places to start 2011 ( not as dumb as they look maybe ??!! or maybe school is desperate) and so we are thinking about returning as we have been for a while .... but before we post our cheques etc would love to hear some first hand info from families that have or have had their kids there ... cheers,many thanks.

So nobody out there ??
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christ's College

Originally Posted by daisycutter View Post
So nobody out there ??
Probably no-one that can afford it
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...pooky-old-town
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi again - You may have already made your decision re Christ's College (?), but in case not, I wonder if you've done a search for 'christ's college' at http://www.press.co.nz? The college was in the news today because of the sudden (natural causes) death on campus of an apparently well-regarded teacher, which reminded me about your question here at BE about the school. So I did a quick search for 'Christ's College' at The Press site, and came across this article which might interest you, especially the 'comments' section which follows. (Just bear in mind that although the article was written recently - May 2010 - the actual school 'open house' experience the author is writing about took place a few years ago, so not exactly current. The comments following the article however ARE current...)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/lif...74/School-ties

TA
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:23 am

Red face Re: Christ's College

Hi Black Sheep .... cheers for the info,yes i had read the article some weeks ago ...... we like the school and my kids are talented sports wise and i think the school has a lot to offer them ...... we have friends in ChCh that have sent their kids to CC and thought it was great ,but was just looking for some 'unbiased' views ...... many thanks for the replies .....