Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christmas Whangaparaoa

Christmas Whangaparaoa

Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Christmas Whangaparaoa

Hey there,

Was thinking that we should get together for Christmas. My suggestion is that we meet up in the evening with partners as I really want to meet new people locally. Whats the possibility of getting babysitters sorted and us all going out for a few drinkies?

How does this work with everyone else? What other suggestions do you all have?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Whangaparaoa

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Hey there,

Was thinking that we should get together for Christmas. My suggestion is that we meet up in the evening with partners as I really want to meet new people locally. Whats the possibility of getting babysitters sorted and us all going out for a few drinkies?

I'm happy to do whatever. I don't have to arrange a baby-sitter . Need to find out when OH is going to be away on business though, so we can avoid those dates if poss.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:54 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

Hiya

Me and hubby are up for it aswell.
No mega plans as yet for dec- cant do 5th dec cos its our works bbq.
and cant do 20th cos its the meet up at long bay. other than that any other dates are cool for us.
drinks and food sounds cool- any ideas on where?

so no to
sat 5th
sun 20th

lily
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Hey there,

yep will defo be up for that, providing we can get a babysitter which i'm sure we will.

Cant do Dec 7th, 18th or of course 24th cause santa is coming but apart from that i'm fine!
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately we are already booked up most weekends in December
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

What about a Friday night? Maybe we could go to The Pioneer in Orewa. Or they do a great quiz on a Tuesday night I think.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:24 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

friday night is cool- not so keen on a quiz though- and irish_eyes isnt your name down for the 20th aswell at long bay??
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good, tho we'll have to toss for which one of us comes along... one of us'll need to babysit! we'll sort it out when the date is set! OH works a fortnightly shift pattern, so will just wait and see what suits everyone else, and if we can sort something out!!

(quiz and/or drinks sounds good)

just a thought - as lots of us seem to have kids, i wonder if we could sort out a beach or park afternoon maybe through the school hols too (like zarasdads long bay afternoon, but a bit closer to home)? then there's no babysitting hassles...

Last edited by Stoof; Nov 22nd 2009 at 6:25 pm. Reason: afternoon thought
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:26 pm

that sounds cool

why dont you start another thread with it on

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:27 pm

so the no list so far is

5th
7th
18th
20th
24th

Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:53 am

bump
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lily77cat
friday night is cool- not so keen on a quiz though- and irish_eyes isnt your name down for the 20th aswell at long bay??
yep i'm down for the 20th - i'm sqeezing everything I can in so I can get out and about as the renovations are driving me nuts......................

I'm defo up for a friday night - but my last experience of the pioneer was not good - i'm a beer drinker and I hate the beer there so any chance we could change the venue?
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:49 pm

bump
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mmmm not sure about where to go...I hate all the other bars in Orewa and can't think of anywhere nice in Whangaparaoa...But the 20th sounds good to me too!!

Can everyone confirm the 20th? Also can anyone suggest venues? Maybe we should get together for a curry at the new place in Red Beach (Really nice curry) with a few drinks at the bar next door.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

We could look at a Thursday night even...What about the 17th?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.