Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christmas tree needle drop stuff and Hazelnuts progress with move-moved from C thread

Christmas tree needle drop stuff and Hazelnuts progress with move-moved from C thread

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas tree needle drop stuff and Hazelnuts progress with move-moved from C thread

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Don't worry, we're not missing out; we can purchase similarly cheap, plastic landfill here for next to nothing too. A 6ft tree in the Wharehouse for $14
This was a real tree, not plastic landfill This led to MrH and I wondering that, if you have a tradition of real trees in NZ, do you have more a problem with them dying and needle dropping faster as they are felled at height of high sap and growing season rather than in their dormancy phase as in the UK.

We normally go to B&Q late on Christmas Eve as they have a tradition of giving away any left over trees but, as this is hopefully our last UK Christmas, we thought we'd lash out and do the whole festive season thing.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 9:59 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'C' Word

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
This was a real tree, not plastic landfill This led to MrH and I wondering that, if you have a tradition of real trees in NZ, do you have more a problem with them dying and needle dropping faster as they are felled at height of high sap and growing season rather than in their dormancy phase as in the UK.
Sorry to say this but you are over thinking yet again. If you were serious, you would be here by now.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 3rd 2015 at 11:20 pm. Reason: fix quote
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'C' Word

Not everyone progresses at the same pace. I need to retrain to start with and we have things happening in our lives that have been frustrating our move, I simply choose not to air these battles in public. Making snippy comments and judgements without knowing the full story isn't a nice thing to do so please don't do it, if you don't like my posts just ignore them.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 11:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Christmas tree needle drop stuff and Hazelnuts progress with move-moved from C th

OK ladies. Rolling pins back in the respective drawers please.

I've split the posts as

1 - Xmas tree needle drop could be a discussion of its own.

2 - Personality clash is not for the C thread

3 - Chance for Hazelnut to update on progress.

We may be interested to read how this is going giving the tick tock of the clock.

I can alter the thread title if needs be.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 2:44 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas tree needle drop stuff and Hazelnuts progress with move-moved from C th

Originally Posted by Hazelnut

We normally go to B&Q late on Christmas Eve as they have a tradition of giving away any left over trees but, as this is hopefully our last UK Christmas, we thought we'd lash out and do the whole festive season thing.
I know lots of people who have real trees. I think they last longer because they don't have to deal with central heating.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 11:49 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Pine trees naturally lose needles during the autumn and winter months, and lots of them, so I would imagine that cutting a fresh tree during the growing season would lead to fewer needles dropped, not more.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
3 - Chance for Hazelnut to update on progress.
Thanks Bevs. There's not much progress that I can post on a public forum but there is progress and we still have hope

The pine needles dropping was a passing thought as MrH and I were chatting about, "If we can get over there". We do that quite a bit to keep our hopes up.

On the Christmas front I hope to have a big gatherng and family Christmas this year for the first time in 20yrs as I'm not the only one that may not be around for such things after this one.