Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christmas Crackers

Christmas Crackers

Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Christmas Crackers

My friends have decided that they are coming to our house for a mid-winter Christmas on the 20th (it's also our 22nd wedding anniversary ). I am trying to get hold of some Christmas crackers but not having much luck. Have asked at Whitcoull's & looked in the Big Red Shed. Any ideas where I can get some? I shall be too busy cooking & cleaning to have time to make my own!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:24 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Crackers

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
My friends have decided that they are coming to our house for a mid-winter Christmas on the 20th (it's also our 22nd wedding anniversary ). I am trying to get hold of some Christmas crackers but not having much luck. Have asked at Whitcoull's & looked in the Big Red Shed. Any ideas where I can get some? I shall be too busy cooking & cleaning to have time to make my own!
http://www.everythingchristmas.com.au/category66_1.htm
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

How many were you after?

http://www.choice.co.nz/Browse.aspx?Category=1482
but that's for alot of them.

I ordered some last year so i can dig out the website when i get into my home email account for you, it may have been http://www.partyparty.co.nz/shop/index.php?cPath=84_85 ?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous sites ladies. Thanks Rustie, I only need 12 crackers & don't want to pay too much. The 2nd site you gave doesn't have any crackers unfortunately but hey I'm hooked! I love the Oktoberfest stuff. Must mention that to my best mate, she's Bavarian.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

I think i wrote to them and they did have them, but i will check the home email to ensure it was the right one!

This is the reason that i now buy them at the REd shed when they reduce their expensive ones down to $7 a box just after Christmas Day!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:37 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Fabulous sites ladies. Thanks Rustie, I only need 12 crackers & don't want to pay too much. The 2nd site you gave doesn't have any crackers unfortunately but hey I'm hooked! I love the Oktoberfest stuff. Must mention that to my best mate, she's Bavarian.
Don't order anything yet - I know I have some at home - I'll see how many and if there are 12 you're welcome to them. I'll get back to you this evening.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:57 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

My mate Jacob has a few lying around im sure.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Batty
Don't order anything yet - I know I have some at home - I'll see how many and if there are 12 you're welcome to them. I'll get back to you this evening.
That would be fab Norah, I can collect them & will pay you for them obviously. if not, not to worry.

tcm - Thanks to you too. Where are you?

Rustie - good planning. I shall do the same next year. However, I was planning a nice, quiet romantic dinner out with Hubbie but our friends have other ideas
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:10 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I'm sorry - there's only three little piddly ones - I was sure I had more
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I looked for some myself last weekend and am kicking myself for not saving some from December. The Warehouse does have 'Party Crackers' with the kids party stuff. They're essentially Christmas crackers, except they're not decorated in a Christmasesque fashion.

I'm sure in previous years shops have had Christmas stuff in for mid-winter, but nothing much around this year. I did however see frozen Turkeys at the supermarket today $65

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jun 12th 2009 at 10:06 am.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Batty
Ah I'm sorry - there's only three little piddly ones - I was sure I had more
No worries Norah, thanks for the thought
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I looked for some myself last weekend and am kicking myself for not saving some from December. The Warehouse does have 'Party Crackers' with the kids party stuff. They're essentially Christmas crackers, except they're not decorated in a Christmasesque fashion.

I'm sure in previous years shops have had Christmas stuff in for mid-winter, but nothing much around this year. I did however see frozen Turkeys at the supermarket today $65
I saw those too Bo & I may get them if all else fails. Yes, a distinct lack of mid-winter Christmas this year. The butchers are usually advertising turkeys etc but I've seen zilch.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

I found 6 for $4.99 in the Warehouse today.