Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Christchurch thread

The Christchurch thread

Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Christchurch thread

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Thank you!

Will you not be moving any more?

It was a bit of a surprise really in our case. The OH had been applying for IT jobs on Seek and most of the replies were "we like your skill set but contact us once you're out here." Then an email comes through asking him to do a Skype interview, which he passed and then did a technical test which also went well. They called to offer him the job one week ago. We're holding off the excitment just incase it falls through. Once the contract is signed and flights are booked we will be popping the champagne! Hopefully if all goes well we will arrive in Chch middle end of January.

Maybe in the future but not anytime soon. Wow that's so soon! Congrats. Enjoy the champagne!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thank you for the well wishes!

He got the job offer one week ago. At the moment the company are running a background and reference check so when all that goes through he will be expected to start in their words "in the new year". We would have to compromise on this as I doubt we'll be able to make it out until mid Jan at least. The reason he can start quickly is because he has a working holiday visa already.

Where are you based?
Congratulations. All very exciting for you
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:40 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, totally missed your congrats posts. Thank you very much

We are both really excited. Went around the flat measuring stuff last night figuring out what can fit into boxes, a bit surreal!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats again! Think you could hide me in one of your boxes lol?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:51 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishstacey
Congrats again! Think you could hide me in one of your boxes lol?
Sure! You have a choice of a bicycle container or your standard square one!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:03 am
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all

Hopefully we can join you in a few months!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Pom

Can I ask of the name of the company that your partner will be working for?

I might be able to give him some names to introduce himself to

If you can't post it on the board, could you possibly private message me instead?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

tomasvien is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Hi Pom

Can I ask of the name of the company that your partner will be working for?

I might be able to give him some names to introduce himself to

If you can't post it on the board, could you possibly private message me instead?
Hi guys!!
Me and my partner will be coming to ChCh the end of Jan so will be nice to join you guys
We are early 30s, and would like to meet nice people. I am in construction industry and she is in estates.

In which industry you are working Tom1983. I might know someone who can direct you to the person.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sure! You have a choice of a bicycle container or your standard square one!
As long as its big enough and has some breathing holes lol
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Ooooh!

30 odd degrees temperatures this weekend, sunny and hot

Looks like a visit to Sumner beach is on the cards. That with a nice cold bottle of Steinlager afterwards at Scarborough cafe
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:04 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with my Friday evening Pimms and lemonade on this sunny summer evening. Cheers !
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Very nice! Hope you both enjoy
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Didn't want to hijack mattandlauras thread.

So it's really hard to find a rental in chch.. would it be complete madness to hope of finding one when you have a dog? I mean a half decent rental
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

We had no problem but I think we were lucky - http://www.3news.co.nz/Renters-force...0/Default.aspx
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ive been reading articles like that today. I just wouldnt want to risk bringing her over for us to not find somewhere or for it to be a complete dump. I think we'd already struggle to find a rental without a dog!

Maybe we should look at other places in NZ, not that likely that someone will want to sponsor him for a visa though. Obv most of the works in chch atm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.