Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Christchurch thread

The Christchurch thread

Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:41 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Christchurch thread

Originally Posted by Matelot
Storms good fresh clean air it may be, just wait till the winter when all those wood burners are going, and there is an inversion. The air won't be so clean!
None near us ....all the stacks fell down....
By the way it IS winter.......
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

shorts in winter sounds magic! summer here and other than when i was in Italy i think ive only wore shorts once or twice. meant to be nice weather later on in the week i think.. unless the weather forecaster is playing a cruel joke on me!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/Conte...n-Christchurch
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of

I have just arrived this week. I'm in Burnham at the moment but have a set of wheels if anyone fancies meeting up for a beer or two in ChcH this weekend? Obviously will not drive back that's what taxis are for!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

You made it then when is your first day ? my digger school is next to the southern motorway job you will have to come and say hello

Neil
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of

Made it just after a 30+ hours worth of flights! Will have to check it out yes Neil, I start on Monday for the construction division of Fulton Hogan. Thanks again for your advice and I will come and say hello when I get the chance.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Tickets still available for rugby on Saturday - we will be there!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...cases-each-day

Oh dear!!!!!

Perhaps a few Parisiennes could come over and teach us a thing or two
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chippy64
Tickets still available for rugby on Saturday - we will be there!
Is it a usual occurance to have those 'who hoo for prizes' lot going round every stand during the second half???
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Did you enjoy the game Tom? We were up in the East stand and saw the men in tights too.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Was that the packed stand Mark where the Crusaders headed towards in the first half? The stand that attempted numerous goings of the Mexican wave but to no avail

To be fair it does get the little kids going which could be seen as a good thing. Even though when Octobers new addition arrives, I hope he will focus on watching how they play rather than jumping and who hooing with them

I enjoyed the game much more than I thought. Being a football fan, I didn't think i'd really get into rugby over here so ended up making an effort by watching as many rugby games as possible on the tele. I have to say I thought the Crusaders made a very good Bulls team look bang average. The defence in the second half reminded me in a way of how good Englands defence was when Dallagio and Johnson were at their prime. I don't recommend you mention to a Kiwi that Richie McCaw is no where near as good as Martin Johnson - they don't like that.

The most noticable difference from the North Stand was the language. The small problem I didn't like about football back home was the constant foul and abusive language. The last game I saw Wednesday was a 5-1 defeat at Stevenage and I heard more swearing throughout that game than I did when the EDL marched through Barking a year ago. Whenever the Crusaders made a mistake, there was no efff off <players name>, your efffin pooh (sorry if eff is not allowed on here). Even when the ref gave some questionable decisions there was no foul and abusive language. I'd definitely be happy to take a young un to the rugby

Oh and having the horseman galloping round the stadium was something else. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Did you enjoy the game? Did our resident Crusaders fan Chippy enjoy?

On a different note Mark, are you having many roadwork repairs done throughout the next couple of months?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No worries. We have a sweary filter ******
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Did you enjoy the game?
It was great, I thought the No.4's tackling was immense. If you were in the North stand, we were to your left on the uncovered area. Very cramped. We sat near the family area on the south stand the week before, tons of kids and very safe for families. I love the horses and music, put a lump in my throat!
On a different note Mark, are you having many roadwork repairs done throughout the next couple of months
We got notice a few weeks ago, looks like they are doing Papanui, heaton, mays, weston and knowles - great! Its all clear at the moment, but they are coming soon.
Any works by you? Send me a PM if yu fancy meeting up for a coffee/beer this weekend?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Did you enjoy the game? Did our resident Crusaders fan Chippy enjoy?
Yes I did enjoy the game and the atmosphere was the best this season. My son and I normally get moaned at for our vocal support but this time everyone around us were making lots of noise!

Go Crusaders!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:33 am
Account Closed

So what's the thoughts of the new 'green friendly' CBD then?

I thought they wanted business to get back into the city centre, seems the idea is to keep business on the outskirts from my understanding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.