Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Christchurch thread

The Christchurch thread

Old Nov 3rd 2014, 10:19 pm
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Christchurch thread

Originally Posted by Tom H
Just don't mention Manchester United to him at the moment!
Hav you been to his warehouse in Kaiapoi, costs me a fortune everytime
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjg
Hav you been to his warehouse in Kaiapoi, costs me a fortune everytime
His daughter babysits our wee boy for us and I get charged an extra $10 if I send back any comments about Man Utd

He certainly didn't appreciate the copy I made of their league cup performance at Milton Keynes
Old Nov 4th 2014, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is coming to Christchurch NZ and needs to store their container full of furniture for any reason, you can always plonk it on our land. We won't charge you a cent as long as you understand we are just helping you out and there's no insurance or anything. We have ten acres and your container will be very safe :-)
Just wanting to help our fellow migrants out.
Bare in mind we live about 50k out of Christchurch though :-)
Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:38 pm
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tom H
His daughter babysits our wee boy for us and I get charged an extra $10 if I send back any comments about Man Utd

He certainly didn't appreciate the copy I made of their league cup performance at Milton Keynes
I can understand his frustrations with Utd as I am also a former season ticket holder.

I was trying to convince him to ship in some Bisto Best Pork but it's not a good seller apparently.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 1:02 am
Just Joined

sten3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have just moved over from the UK been here nearly 2 weeks. Loving it so far..... 3.5 year old daughter starts nursery next week for a few sessions a week and then job hunting time for me! If anyone has children similar age/family living nearby and want to meet up send me a message. Also any recommendations on playgroups/dance/music groups in area? Also interested to know what people are doing for christmas staying at home, beach interested in good places to go for christmas we may even think about going away somewhere for a few days......
Old Nov 28th 2014, 1:02 am
Just Joined

sten3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sten3
Hi we have just moved over from the UK been here nearly 2 weeks. Loving it so far..... 3.5 year old daughter starts nursery next week for a few sessions a week and then job hunting time for me! If anyone has children similar age/family living nearby and want to meet up send me a message. Also any recommendations on playgroups/dance/music groups in area? Also interested to know what people are doing for christmas staying at home, beach interested in good places to go for christmas we may even think about going away somewhere for a few days......
p.s living in spreydon area !
Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice

Anyone get woken up last night? Been over a year since I felt a M4+ shake.

Beside that, I hope you are all doing well, despite the rather average December weather so far! Looking forward to Christmas travels to visit the UK, then my mates getting married in Nelson after New Year.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:05 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Sound asleep as usual....woke the wife up and the cat did a 'Drop, Cover and Hold' under the bed....
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice

Sensible cat .
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it woke me up. Checked geonet out of curiousity and went back to bed.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

john_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to behold

Was over in Christchurch last Ocotber/November, loved it! Got to see a free Op shop gig How's the place looking?
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Toodles23 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Our stuff has been cleared by customs. Whoop! So now we need to get himself's motorbike registered... Crown have suggested VINZ but I wondered if any of you who brought bikes over could recommend anyone in ChCH/Rolleston?

Thanks

Last edited by Toodles23; Dec 15th 2014 at 6:46 pm. Reason: Missed off our location... d'oh!
Old Dec 21st 2014, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Toodles23
Hi everyone,

Our stuff has been cleared by customs. Whoop! So now we need to get himself's motorbike registered... Crown have suggested VINZ but I wondered if any of you who brought bikes over could recommend anyone in ChCH/Rolleston?

Thanks
Toodles, its all go now then eh..

Tell the other half any VINZ is as good as the next. Just make sure the bike is pretty standard and he'll be fine.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Toodles23 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Wessa,

VINZ said they didn't do bikes unless they were new and Crown have now told us they only deliver cars to compliance centres... Grr! Guess we'll have to hire a van or something as you won't fit a bike in a fiesta.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Complete Automotive did my bike a couple of years ago. They are on 154 Carlyle street, Waltham. 03 366 6220. I also used Ashley's towtaxi to deliver said unregistered bike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.