Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Christchurch thread

The Christchurch thread

Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Christchurch thread

Can you stick up the feelers with the HR of the DHB you are going to work for Azakeen.
In my experience people here will pull together to help someone coming in from overseas if they can. That may be a very basic sleep-out or summat ,that someone has, that would tide you over for a few $$.

With a rental , you really should be here to see and inspect it. There are some right nasties out there.

I know of a really rather good B&B near the airport but it is not budget. Your other possibility is to try and book a unit on a holiday park for a short while.

No to fixed tenancy. Periodic only.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:10 am
RIP Jackson - 10/07/12

azakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really nice

Thanks for your replys re rentals. Think i may not be explaining very well! I have a motel sorted for arrival. I will then be looking for a rental. What im asking is, if i view 2 places and liked them both, could i apply for both in the hope of one picking me? what if they both pick me, would i be tied in to take both as i applied for both. Or would i be able to take one and turn down the other with no come back.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:11 am
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Now peeps what is this coastal plant photo taken at Taylors Mistake last weekend....

Looks like a European Echium. Is this a quiz?
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:12 am
RIP Jackson - 10/07/12

azakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really nice

Good advice Bevs, will put the feelers out
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:17 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Looks like a European Echium. Is this a quiz?
Well done Bevs I think you have it... You get 1st prize...another glass of wine...

echium fastuosum boraginaceae
Old Jul 7th 2012, 9:43 am
`

You get 1st prize...another glass of wine...
Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

Go on BEVS, you know you want to!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:29 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matelot
Go on BEVS, you know you want to!
Bit of peer pressure will reel her in

Join me BEVS, go on, go on, go on go on....
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

EmmaandIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Azakeen, you can fill out as many as you like, in fact it was ahwt we did, you're better to be in a position to turn them down than not have any offers at all. If you rented in the uk get references before you come, if you you owned it's often useful to get a character reference and something from your employer over here to demonstrate your earnings. That was one of the drawbacks with having no rental history over here. Hopefully by the time you arrive it may have settled down a bit. It may be a bit of a hassle to start with but it's well worth it, it's a beautiful country.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 6:57 am
RIP Jackson - 10/07/12

Originally Posted by EmmaandIan
Hi Azakeen, you can fill out as many as you like, in fact it was ahwt we did, you're better to be in a position to turn them down than not have any offers at all. If you rented in the uk get references before you come, if you you owned it's often useful to get a character reference and something from your employer over here to demonstrate your earnings. That was one of the drawbacks with having no rental history over here. Hopefully by the time you arrive it may have settled down a bit. It may be a bit of a hassle to start with but it's well worth it, it's a beautiful country.
Thanks for your reply EmmaandIan, I thought that would be ok. Got references from two agents we have rented off here so hope they will help. Its just the 2 of us, so hopefully won't be too much of a struggle finding somewhere
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:53 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all new new Chch immigrants are enjoying the Canterbury sunshine and fresh clean air.....
Old Jul 17th 2012, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I wonder if many enjoyed Sundays weather?? Who would have thought it would be comfortable in winter to wear a t-shirt, shorts and jandals on the beach?

Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Tom1983
I wonder if many enjoyed Sundays weather?? Who would have thought it would be comfortable in winter to wear a t-shirt, shorts and jandals on the beach?

Yeh 22C......am I alowed to say scorching.....
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh 22C......am I alowed to say scorching.....
Yes but only on the Scorchio thread
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

Storms good fresh clean air it may be, just wait till the winter when all those wood burners are going, and there is an inversion. The air won't be so clean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.