Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
My sister's body has been identified. Thank you to everyone for their concern and kind thoughts. My husband and I have flown home from the Middle East and we are all together as a family to say goodbye and try to come to terms with this terrible tragedy. We can't believe the devasation in our home town and the after shocks are scary. Trying to be strong for my younger sister and my sister's children and grandchildren but it is not easy when all you want to do is curl up in a corner and cry.

My love goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

xx

Sincere condolences to you and your family kiwigirl...I think we had all been looking out for news about your sister, I saw her name was released yesterday.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

My sister's body has been identified. Thank you to everyone for their concern and kind thoughts. My husband and I have flown home from the Middle East and we are all together as a family to say goodbye and try to come to terms with this terrible tragedy. We can't believe the devasation in our home town and the after shocks are scary. Trying to be strong for my younger sister and my sister's children and grandchildren but it is not easy when all you want to do is curl up in a corner and cry.

xx
I can’t even really contemplate how you must feel and without doubt no words I can say would really aid in coming to terms with what happened. However remember the good times and think about how she would have wanted you to have the strength to carry on with your life .
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:23 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thoughts are with you and your family, kiwigirl.

One of the two people we have been trying to find out about has been identified as being one of the bodies removed from the CTV building. We are still waiting for news of the other one person.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs and condolences to you and your family. Words are not enough in this situation. x
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:35 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

xx
I'm really so very sorry. Thinking of you and your family xxx
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

I struggle to find words to say how sorry I am. My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you as with others similarly touched by the tragedy.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Sincere condolences to you and your family. Such sad news that we never wanted to hear.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Thoughts are with you and your family, kiwigirl.

One of the two people we have been trying to find out about has been identified as being one of the bodies removed from the CTV building. We are still waiting for news of the other one person.
So sorry for your loss.

x
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

xx
S.o sorry for your loss .Hope you find the strength from somewhere to get through this.Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time .
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that after such a long wait you have received the worst news. My heart goes out to kiwigirlinalain and also to woodpigeon.

Stay strong, stay safe. Love and big hugs. xx
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:29 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

kiwigirlinalain & WP ...We're both so sorry ... words do seem so inadequate at a time like this.... sending you big hugs and sincere sympathy, thinking of you all at this terrible time xx
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry about your sister. My husband has just walked into the dining room where I am on the computer and asked why I am crying so much. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

My heart goes out to everyone who has lost someone dear to them. I have always tried to live my life to the full because you never know when its going to end but for it to end so tragically must be the worst thing in the world.

I hope there is some good news for you WP.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Mar 11th 2011 at 10:35 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwigirl, I & my OH are so very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear sister. Our deepest sympathy & thoughts are with you at this time. Words are so inadequate & I would dearly love to just give you the biggest hug. Be gentle with yourself xxx
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

We hope for the best & fear for the worst.

I am so very sorry for your loss Kiwigirlinalain . It's the worst possible news after all the terrible waiting and my heart goes out to you , your family and to all who have lost someone in this quake.

Please accept my sincere condolences. She is gone too soon but will always be with you all in your hearts.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 6:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

xx
Sincere condolences and deepest sympathy to you and your family.
May you find the inner strength you need to help you though this terrible time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.