British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Christchurch pictures (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/christchurch-pictures-684637/)

Dustybin Sep 9th 2010 2:12 am

Christchurch pictures

A couple of photos from my local area in christchurch today,

Just click the link in my signature down there VVV..

luvwelly Sep 9th 2010 2:40 am

Re: Christchurch pictures

That looks awful. What do people do when their roof is half off and it rains?
How many people have had to abandon their properties? Where do they go? I can't see this getting fixed anytime soon tbh and it just seems so sad.
Despite what others have said it would make me think twice about coming to NZ if I were not already here.
Hope the aftershocks stop soon.

Jan n Neil Sep 9th 2010 8:01 am

As we are from near Christchurch too, I think you have captured some great views. I also like your photography - is it a hobby and what camera do you use? I am a very amateur amateur :o

Jan

shirl Sep 9th 2010 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by luvwelly (Post 8835492)
That looks awful. What do people do when their roof is half off and it rains?
How many people have had to abandon their properties? Where do they go? I can't see this getting fixed anytime soon tbh and it just seems so sad.
Despite what others have said it would make me think twice about coming to NZ if I were not already here.
Hope the aftershocks stop soon.

They go to welfare centres to sleep which are in schools and such like and I have heard of lots of reports where people who are going on holiday are letting people stay in their homes while they are away. One couple I met in Kaiapoi are going to USA tomorrow and have a very swish home on Moorcroft Estate which has no damage and is letting someone from Courtney Downs live there while they are away. That is what happens when people have compassion and pull together and is great to see. Kaiapoi has lots of portaloo's dotted all over the place too. :)

Dustybin Sep 10th 2010 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 8835893)
As we are from near Christchurch too, I think you have captured some great views. I also like your photography - is it a hobby and what camera do you use? I am a very amateur amateur :o

Jan

Cheers Jan,
I'm also a very amateur amateur! I've got a couple of cameras but those where taken with a sony dslr.
Oh hope your bikes held up better than mine in the quake...

BEVS Sep 10th 2010 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin (Post 8838193)
Cheers Jan,
I'm also a very amateur amateur! I've got a couple of cameras but those where taken with a sony dslr.
Oh hope your bikes held up better than mine in the quake...

Mate ! :eek: You are an ace photographer. I'd say a natural IMVHO.

Dustybin Sep 10th 2010 7:35 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8838324)
Mate ! :eek: You are an ace photographer. I'd say a natural IMVHO.

why thankyou.. the cheque is in the post ;)

BEVS Sep 10th 2010 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin (Post 8838386)
why thankyou.. the cheque is in the post ;)

Er SShh. :ohmy: I already got that.