Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch no longer hosting Rugby World Cup games

Christchurch no longer hosting Rugby World Cup games

Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Christchurch no longer hosting Rugby World Cup games

Christchurch will no longer be hosting the Rugby World Cup l games.

1/4 final games are moving to Auckland.

ARTICLE
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christchurch no longer hosting Rugby World Cup games

Yeah shame isn't it. I didn't get successful in the ballot, a blessing in disguise I guess or else we would be looking at accommodation and travel costs on top of that. Now all those that had bookings for their houses to be rented out will be out of pocket as well.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is unrealistic to expect foreign tourists to want to visit Christchurch during the earthquake fall out period...especially with all the aftershocks going on.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:10 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

When everything had returned to normal and the city has been rebuilt even better than it was before wouldn't it be a great idea if it hosted a one-off international charity tournament every year or so, inviting all the nations that helped in the recovery work.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:19 am
`

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
When everything had returned to normal and the city has been rebuilt even better than it was before wouldn't it be a great idea if it hosted a one-off international charity tournament every year or so, inviting all the nations that helped in the recovery work.
I like that big-time.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea! My OH has just phoned me to tell me. It's really sad but they have to be realistic. We had tickets for England V Georgia and v Argentina, so will have to see where they are relocated to.

Stay strong ChCh even though the crap keeps coming!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:59 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you like the idea, all we need now is for someone to call Bob.

Perhaps they could call it the Lancaster Shield, or the Deans Cup.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:04 am
`

Originally Posted by chippy64
Great idea! My OH has just phoned me to tell me. It's really sad but they have to be realistic. We had tickets for England V Georgia and v Argentina, so will have to see where they are relocated to.

Stay strong ChCh even though the crap keeps coming!
Pin yer hopes on Dunedin.

I'd like to think Nelson coz then you could come stay with us but it's unlikely.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Pin yer hopes on Dunedin.

I'd like to think Nelson coz then you could come stay with us but it's unlikely.
If either go to Nelson bagsy a bed please!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
Yeah shame isn't it. I didn't get successful in the ballot, a blessing in disguise I guess or else we would be looking at accommodation and travel costs on top of that.
That won't be necessary because the tickets sold for the Christchurch games are null and void, the IRB CEO said those games are essentially cancelled and they start from scratch selling new tickets for the new locations. They say there will be a special travel package that will allow those who have already bought tickets to the Christchurch quarter-finals to travel to Auckland on a concessionary basis. Refunds will also be available.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:09 am
`

Originally Posted by chippy64
If either go to Nelson bagsy a bed please!
Yup !
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
That won't be necessary because the tickets sold for the Christchurch games are null and void, the IRB CEO said those games are essentially cancelled and they start from scratch selling new tickets for the new locations. They say there will be a special travel package that will allow those who have already bought tickets to the Christchurch quarter-finals to travel to Auckland on a concessionary basis. Refunds will also be available.
This is from the email sent out by RWC 2011

Ticket purchasers for all Christchurch matches will be offered the option of a refund or the opportunity to secure tickets to the relevant reallocated matches. RNZ 2011 has confirmed there will be sufficient availability of tickets to rescheduled matches for those wanting to take up that option. Full details will be provided by the end of March. For further ticketing information please visit www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:02 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Christchurch no longer hosting Rugby World Cup games

When everything had returned to normal and the city has been rebuilt...
Yes maybe we could all fly down in with our Jetsons style space cars, imagine that...the distant future <Dreams>.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:04 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all knew deep down that it wasn't going to happen but hoped that it would go ahead.
We hadn't got round to buying tickets and had probably left it too late anyway. I had friends coming over from Sydney as well so I'm not sure if we'll manage to meet up now
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:53 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

Understandable but I think a substantial share of the revenue of the tournament should be given to the relief-fund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.