Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch, New Zealand bound...

Christchurch, New Zealand bound...

Old Oct 20th 2003, 11:33 am
Adios UK, I'm in ChCh, NZ

DMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christchurch, New Zealand bound...

Hey all, I just got back to the UK, after 3 days in Sydney, 2 days in ChCh.

Just signed Employment Contracts with a Sydney based firm to open and establish a NZ office.

Immigration staff in Sydney confirmed that my application under the "Specific Purpose" Visa will be straightforward and will prob take 2-3 weeks. I'm British working for an AUS company in NZ. The important thing is that they are already NZ registered as a company and for Tax and they have NZ bank accounts established.

We can also demonstrate that the NZ office will:

1) Increase import and export of products
2) Introduce new technologies and new methods of export and barter trade
3) Add value and trade to local NZ businesses
4) Employ local people

While I was away my wife sold our house, in 4 days, for the asking price, wth no chain. So all in all a busy and very rewarding trip.

We will be in ChCh come 14-16th January 2004 so love to hear from any/all in NZ, but especially those in ChCh for a drink/dinner in January.

Until then....

Darren

"where there's a will, there's a way"
Old Oct 20th 2003, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christchurch, New Zealand bound...

Originally posted by DMAN

Just signed Employment Contracts with a Sydney based firm to open and establish a NZ office.

Immigration staff in Sydney confirmed that my application under the "Specific Purpose" Visa will be straightforward and will prob take 2-3 weeks. I'm British working for an AUS company in NZ. The important thing is that they are already NZ registered as a company and for Tax and they have NZ bank accounts established.

4) Employ local people

While I was away my wife sold our house, in 4 days, for the asking price, wth no chain. So all in all a busy and very rewarding trip.

We will be in ChCh come 14-16th January 2004 so love to hear from any/all in NZ, but especially those in ChCh for a drink/dinner in January.

Until then....

Darren

Can you give me 6 numbers for this weeks lottery

As you seem to have everything looking rather good at the moment, as in 1) Job offer 2) House sold 3) ????(this weeks lottery perhaps )

All the best, email Watt Dabney(Paula) or JWW for any info on CChch.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:00 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Christchurch, New Zealand bound...

Originally posted by DMAN

4) Employ local people

Until then....

Darren

Hi Darren,

Congrats on all your progress, you've done really well.

Would be happy to meet up with you when you get here. I'll PM you my details nearer the time.

Paula