Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch meet-ups?

Christchurch meet-ups?

Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:00 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Christchurch meet-ups?

Originally Posted by happynz
Himalayas is between Peterborough and Salsibury on Colombo Street. It's several blocks north of Cathedral Square on the left side next to a Mexican joint called South of the Border.
...erm, make that right side if you are going north on Colombo. I was thinkin' left side, dunno why.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Exactly right, and South of the Border is also a great place to eat too.

As a heads up, for those that have them, Himalaya is in The Entertainment Book offering 25% off the total bill up to $30 so bring it along if you have it.

Also - as there are so many coming PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep a track of what you order and what you buy to drink. I really don't want to be left carrying the can for a short bill and having to make up the difference - been there done that and it wasn't a great feeling.

Finally, just as a reminder you can bring wine but not beer, and it's around $2.50 or so for corkage.

See yez soon!

T
What you mean you not paying for it all.......... lol Im sure you had mentioned it was on you !!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:58 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
What you mean you not paying for it all.......... lol Im sure you had mentioned it was on you !!
I swear my memory's going as I simply have no recollection of that!

Just to add to the fun, I've broken a bloody tooth this morning and so have the double dread of both the dentist's drill AND the dentist's BILL! :curse:

Waiter: 'What would you like to eat sir?'
Me: 'Whatever is soft and easy to chew please'

When did I turn into an old(er) person whose teeth break...?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
I swear my memory's going as I simply have no recollection of that!

Just to add to the fun, I've broken a bloody tooth this morning and so have the double dread of both the dentist's drill AND the dentist's BILL! :curse:

Waiter: 'What would you like to eat sir?'
Me: 'Whatever is soft and easy to chew please'

When did I turn into an old(er) person whose teeth break...?
Ill have a dig in the cupboard and see if we have any jars of baby food ........ all pre blended !!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:42 pm

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Ill have a dig in the cupboard and see if we have any jars of baby food ........ all pre blended !!
Sweet - I'll just bring along some chilli sauce to mix in and I'll be sorted. Nice one alanmacc!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

So how many are going tonight? had a drive past it last night......... not teh roomiest place, looks like its only us in there tonight.

I assume they do have a high chair ?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys ................. thanks for the curry, sorry we had to leave so early, Keira was gettin a little sleepy.

Again big thanks ....... need to do it again some time
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:26 am

Hi guys ................. thanks for the curry, sorry we had to leave so early, Keira was gettin a little sleepy.

Again big thanks ....... need to do it again some time
Man - we have all had just the BEST night. It was great to meet you both - and the beautifully well behaved Keira of course! We are in awe of just how good she was! - and as we are all sitting here we want to say to all that came along...

.... CHEERS!

All the best,

Andy, Toni, Carl, Kelly & Dominique
Attached Thumbnails Christchurch meet-ups?-curry-night.jpg  
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

If your having a CL final thing in the sports bar give me a shout.......... not sure who i will cheer for, depends on whos there I suppose
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

kiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nicekiwipom is just really nice

Had a great time last night - thanks for organising it. It was great to meet everybody. Enjoy your weekend and see you soon,
Nessie
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Here Here. Great night.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:48 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Was a great and much needed night out, must organise another one soon..
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

great to put some more names and faces to BE handles.
had a great night - thanks for organising Toni.

where and when next? - Kelly and Carl's housewarming????
Vicki & Lee
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Joshlin
great to put some more names and faces to BE handles.
had a great night - thanks for organising Toni.

where and when next? - Kelly and Carl's housewarming????
Vicki & Lee
Hmmm... funny you should mention that, but they have just moved in (to Halswell!) and are planning the house warming as I type.

Advance warning tho - it'll be fancy dress!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Belinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant future

hi all - just joined - count me in if you are all meeting up - am just outside ChCh at Lincoln but moving to Halswell shortly! Been here a year and a half and missing english sense of humour!! Cheers Belinda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.