British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Christchurch Football Festival - English Players and Supporters Required!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/christchurch-football-festival-english-players-supporters-required-419045/)

willow74 Jan 14th 2007 9:31 pm

Christchurch Football Festival - English Players and Supporters Required!!

Hi all,
I have entered an English (expat) football team in the forthcoming Christchurch Ethnic Football Festival which takes place at New Brighton on 3/4 February. It's a great event where 20 teams consisting of Christchurch immigrants from countries ranging from Ethiopia to Korea battle it out in competative but fun matches!
This will be the fourth annual event and as far as I know England have never entered a team, the Scots and Irish always have a team involved. (everybody seems to have a Scottish or Irish Grandmother!!!)
It will be a good chance for you English expats in Christchurch to come down and meet new people and if there are any keen players out there I will be happy to hear from you!

willow74 Jan 24th 2007 6:02 am

Re: Christchurch Football Festival - English Players and Supporters Required!!

Hello again!!

I'm still looking for players for this event, it really is a case of "more the merrier"

Get in touch...............please!

Will

mazi Jan 24th 2007 8:12 am

oh you poor thing - I'm sorry no-one has replied. I don't like football myself, i think it's an evil game and I also don't live in NZ anymore so I can't come, but I hope you find someone who can!

Good luck, hope you win!

Maz1 Jan 25th 2007 8:51 am

Originally Posted by willow74 (Post 4284226)
Hi all,
I have entered an English (expat) football team in the forthcoming Christchurch Ethnic Football Festival which takes place at New Brighton on 3/4 February. It's a great event where 20 teams consisting of Christchurch immigrants from countries ranging from Ethiopia to Korea battle it out in competative but fun matches!
This will be the fourth annual event and as far as I know England have never entered a team, the Scots and Irish always have a team involved. (everybody seems to have a Scottish or Irish Grandmother!!!)
It will be a good chance for you English expats in Christchurch to come down and meet new people and if there are any keen players out there I will be happy to hear from you!

How old do you have to be. I have a son who is 14 nearly 15, played for a local under 16 team back at home. He has just started with Burnside/ Avonhead. Good player..they won the league back at home.

willow74 Jan 25th 2007 9:01 am

Hey......if you are good enough you are old enough!!

I don't know of any age restrictions. There are at least 4 games over 2 days so I'm sure we can give him a run. I'll email you the fixture list.

jasonandrea Jan 25th 2007 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by willow74 (Post 4284226)
Hi all,

Would love to be part of it, but I will probably be a month to late (looking to arrive the 4th March approx) but i'll definately be there for future ones....