Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch Contacts Wanted Please

Christchurch Contacts Wanted Please

Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:06 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Christchurch Contacts Wanted Please

Hi looking for some friendly contacts in Christchurch, NZ

We are, if all goes well planning to emigrate in Jan / Feb 2007. I know a few people out there but thought i'd try and get a few more contacts before i go!

I have loads of friends in the uk and really don't want to get to NZ and feel lonely and isolated...i'll be going there with my two children (15 & 12) before my husband, who'll be staying on the finish off doing up and selling the house.

thanks for looking at thread
take care Mandie
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

CarolR will become famous soon enoughCarolR will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christchurch Contacts Wanted Please

Hi Mandie

I am near Christchurch, I have 3 teenagers and have been here 3 years. More than happy to shout you a coffee when you arrive.

Originally Posted by Mandie.H

We are, if all goes well planning to emigrate in Jan / Feb 2007. I know a few people out there but thought i'd try and get a few more contacts before i go!

I have loads of friends in the uk and really don't want to get to NZ and feel lonely and isolated...i'll be going there with my two children (15 & 12) before my husband, who'll be staying on the finish off doing up and selling the house.

take care Mandie
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 10:07 pm

Thank you, will let you know when i'm expected to arrive.

If you don't mind me asking how you teenagers have managed to settle in. My 15 year old daughter is my main concern as she'll be starting school in the 1st year of the NZ exam system. She's a bright girl, but i'm a bit worried that i've left it too late for her to settle in well with the education system.
thank you
Mandie
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

take care Mandie
Hey Mandie
we're in chch - 2 children fair bit younger than yours (2&4) but happy to meet up - our other kids will be here Feb-Apr and they're 17&21, over on holiday from UK/Europe so won't know anyone either!!!
give us a shout when you know more
Vicki & Lee
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:00 am
Just Joined

CarolR will become famous soon enoughCarolR will become famous soon enough

If you don't mind me asking how you teenagers have managed to settle in. My 15 year old daughter is my main concern as she'll be starting school in the 1st year of the NZ exam system. She's a bright girl, but i'm a bit worried that i've left it too late for her to settle in well with the education system.
thank you
Mandie
Hi Mandie

My children were 12,15 and 16 when we arrived. They are all very settled now, I have one at university, another going to university in February and the youngest starts year 11 in February. Initially once they got over there nervousness they loved school. They were such a novelty and the other children were fascinated with the new pommie kids. They soon made friends and established themselves. The exam system itself is quite different and took us a while to understand how it was working and my middle daughters year 11 results were not the best. We made a huge effort to understand the credit system and like everything in life when you understand how things work - it is easier to make it work for you. The kids going to a new school is very much part of the whole emigration adventure. My children have benefited hugely from there NZ schooling experience and have developed an outlook I am not sure would be the same if they had continued in there UK comprehensive. They are all self confident young adults with a healthy thirst for success and acheivement. It has not all been plain sailing but as long as she takes her time, quietly eases herself in and chooses her friendships carefully not expecting too much too quick and takes advantage of everything on offer she will enjoy her new adventure as much as you all will as a family.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

thank you
Mandie
Hi Mandie
We will be arriving in CHC on Jan 14 . I have 2 kids a boy 7 and girl aged 3. We all feel excited and apprehensive at the same time, it's been a long time coming.
I would be more than happy to meet up for a chat.
We come from a town called Glossop in Derbyshire and are looking forward to a change as we have been here all our lives. Hope to chat to you soon.
Donna & Martin.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Hi. We've just arrived in Christchurch after 5 years in Auckland. We have a son, just turned 16, who will be starting yr 12 at high school next term.
He doesn't know anyone here yet but is applying for a part time job and hopes to join a martial arts club which will help him meet people.

Happy to meet up when you get here, we've only been here since sunday but are loving every minute of it so far !
Old Dec 6th 2006, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

take care Mandie
Hi Mandie, we are just like yourself. We are going some time this month. The kids were our first thoughts as well but we thought it was in their best interest as well as ours to make the move. We have a lad who is 14 and a girl 11 this month. I would be more than happy to keep in touch so when we are both out there we will meet up. Good luck with the move, Maz
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:21 pm

Smile Re: Christchurch Contacts Wanted Please

Thank you for all your replys, will definitely send you ALL a line once i know when i'll be getting out there.

Take Care and look forward to meeting you
Mandie
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:35 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your replys, will definitely send you ALL a line once i know when i'll be getting out there.

Take Care and look forward to meeting you
Mandie

Hi Mandie

Just noticed youre in Hampshire, we are in Berkshire so near
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:38 pm

Smile Re: Christchurch Contacts Wanted Please

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi Mandie

Just noticed youre in Hampshire, we are in Berkshire so near

I think i should have paid more attention at school as i've just had to look on google to find out where Berkshire was .

Only just couple of hours down the road.

where are you thinking of going to in NZ

Mandie
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:59 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

I think i should have paid more attention at school as i've just had to look on google to find out where Berkshire was .

Only just couple of hours down the road.

where are you thinking of going to in NZ

Mandie

Hiya

Thinking of Auckland and surrounds...you?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hiya

Thinking of Auckland and surrounds...you?
Hey
Planning to go to Christchurch, it's where i spent sometime in June/July working in the hospitals as part of my work from uk. Didn't want anyway too hectic that's why i chose there.

take Care Mandie
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Mandie where in Hampshire are you? I lived in lovely Portsmouth for 6 years.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jude J
Mandie where in Hampshire are you? I lived in lovely Portsmouth for 6 years.

you'd be glad you escaped
I live about 10 miles from Portsmouth in Fareham, moved here from Portsmouth 16 years ago...it's great here (not that great that i wanna stay!!!) you can park either in your drive or outside your house, something you can't do in P'mouth...you'd be lucky to find a space 3 roads away.

Mandie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.