Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch Bound-we hope

Christchurch Bound-we hope

Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Smile Christchurch Bound-we hope

Hi everyone
Have been reading your fab advice for ages and thought we'd say hi as we have just sent our ITA off and it feels real now. I'm an English teacher, OH is a computer programmer and we're hoping to live in Christchurch with our two lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. OH loves mountains, I love ice skating and we both love coffee shops (and those lovely nobbly muffins that the kiwis do so well). Hope to meet some of you on here soon
Emma and Ken
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Christchurch Bound-we hope

*waves*

Hi Em and Ken.

Here's hoping that you find Christchurch able to satisfy that which you desire.

Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Hi HappyNZ
Thanks for that. It's so exciting getting a reply! I'm sure I'll calm down soon.
Emma
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora EmandKen .

Exciting times ahead for you both. Have some Karma and happy posting.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

Hi Em & Ken

Welcome to the site

I am kirstie & husband is paul and we are going with our 2 cats matilda and millie, to Invercargill hopefully in the new year

with regards

kirstie
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:15 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.

We live 25 min north of Christchurch on the fab North Canterbury plains. Been here since May and lovin' it. Hope all goes well for your move to Christchurch. It is a beautiful city. Any problems/questions, just shout - there's always someone on here that can help
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your welcome messages. It's great to hear that people who've made the move are happy in NZ and that you too Kirstie and Paul are planning on taking your cats. We're a bit nervous about them travelling but they'll love it when we get there, I'm sure.
TeamEmbo is the beach nice near Christchurch and the sea warm - ish? I love the waves
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

slimchic will become famous soon enoughslimchic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EmandKen
Hi everyone
Have been reading your fab advice for ages and thought we'd say hi as we have just sent our ITA off and it feels real now. I'm an English teacher, OH is a computer programmer and we're hoping to live in Christchurch with our two lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. OH loves mountains, I love ice skating and we both love coffee shops (and those lovely nobbly muffins that the kiwis do so well). Hope to meet some of you on here soon
Emma and Ken
Hi All the best for your move. let us know how you get one, we are looking into going ourselves
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:37 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmandKen
...is the beach nice near Christchurch and the sea warm - ish? I love the waves
The beach is not bad, but the water is fairly cold. However, you can get yourself a wetsuit and hit those waves.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:08 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum - have some karma to help you on your way.
Can't help at all, just wanted to say Hello
Karen X
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Karen
Thanks for the welcome and the karma.
Best of luck in Porirua
Emma
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:21 am
Just Joined

SamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really nice
Smile Re: Christchurch Bound-we hope

Hi EmandKen

I moved to NZ nearly 4 weeks ago. I live about 25 minute drive from Christchurch. Been into the city quite a few times and it is fantastic especially the views on the way There are plenty of coffee shops around, so you won't be disappointed

I have moved with my husband and 8 year old. I am still settling in and will be happier when we move into our new house over the weekend.

Hope all goes well with your ITA.

Sam
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by SamBinNZ
Hi EmandKen

I moved to NZ nearly 4 weeks ago. I live about 25 minute drive from Christchurch...

Sam
Are you camped out in Rangiora?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:38 am
Just Joined

SamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really nice
Smile Re: Christchurch Bound-we hope

Yes I am in Rangiora, it is a very nice place and there seems to be lots of us Brits here!!! We have a few sets of friends that have moved out here so we are tending to stick with them. My daughter has started school so she has been invited round her friends house so at least she is mingling with the Kiwis.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi SamBinNZ and EmandKen.

Welcome to the site. Happy posting and have some karma to start you off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.