British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Christchurch Bound-we hope (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/christchurch-bound-we-hope-489574/)

EmandKen Oct 25th 2007 9:08 pm

Christchurch Bound-we hope

Hi everyone
Have been reading your fab advice for ages and thought we'd say hi as we have just sent our ITA off and it feels real now. I'm an English teacher, OH is a computer programmer and we're hoping to live in Christchurch with our two lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. OH loves mountains, I love ice skating and we both love coffee shops (and those lovely nobbly muffins that the kiwis do so well). Hope to meet some of you on here soon :D
Emma and Ken

happynz Oct 25th 2007 9:14 pm

Re: Christchurch Bound-we hope

*waves*

Hi Em and Ken.

Here's hoping that you find Christchurch able to satisfy that which you desire.

:)

EmandKen Oct 25th 2007 9:19 pm

Hi HappyNZ
Thanks for that. It's so exciting getting a reply! I'm sure I'll calm down soon.:)
Emma

BEVS Oct 25th 2007 10:09 pm

Kia Ora EmandKen .

Exciting times ahead for you both. :thumbsup: Have some Karma and happy posting.

KIRSTIE Oct 26th 2007 9:04 am

Hi Em & Ken

Welcome to the site

I am kirstie & husband is paul and we are going with our 2 cats matilda and millie, to Invercargill hopefully in the new year

with regards

kirstie

TeamEmbo Oct 26th 2007 9:15 am

Hi and welcome.

We live 25 min north of Christchurch on the fab North Canterbury plains. Been here since May and lovin' it. Hope all goes well for your move to Christchurch. It is a beautiful city. Any problems/questions, just shout - there's always someone on here that can help :thumbup:

EmandKen Oct 26th 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks for your welcome messages. It's great to hear that people who've made the move are happy in NZ and that you too Kirstie and Paul are planning on taking your cats. We're a bit nervous about them travelling but they'll love it when we get there, I'm sure.
TeamEmbo is the beach nice near Christchurch and the sea warm - ish? I love the waves:D

slimchic Oct 26th 2007 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by EmandKen (Post 5468447)
Hi everyone
Have been reading your fab advice for ages and thought we'd say hi as we have just sent our ITA off and it feels real now. I'm an English teacher, OH is a computer programmer and we're hoping to live in Christchurch with our two lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. OH loves mountains, I love ice skating and we both love coffee shops (and those lovely nobbly muffins that the kiwis do so well). Hope to meet some of you on here soon :D
Emma and Ken

Hi All the best for your move. let us know how you get one, we are looking into going ourselves

happynz Oct 27th 2007 12:37 am

Originally Posted by EmandKen (Post 5472288)
...is the beach nice near Christchurch and the sea warm - ish? I love the waves:D

The beach is not bad, but the water is fairly cold. However, you can get yourself a wetsuit and hit those waves.

karonious Oct 29th 2007 9:08 am

Welcome to the forum - have some karma to help you on your way.
Can't help at all, just wanted to say Hello :thumbup:
Karen X

EmandKen Oct 29th 2007 6:01 pm

Hi Karen
Thanks for the welcome and the karma. :thumbsup:
Best of luck in Porirua
Emma

SamBinNZ Nov 1st 2007 1:21 am

Hi EmandKen

I moved to NZ nearly 4 weeks ago. I live about 25 minute drive from Christchurch. Been into the city quite a few times and it is fantastic especially the views on the way:thumbsup: There are plenty of coffee shops around, so you won't be disappointed

I have moved with my husband and 8 year old. I am still settling in and will be happier when we move into our new house over the weekend.

Hope all goes well with your ITA.

Sam

happynz Nov 1st 2007 1:34 am

Originally Posted by SamBinNZ (Post 5495743)
Hi EmandKen

I moved to NZ nearly 4 weeks ago. I live about 25 minute drive from Christchurch...

Sam

Are you camped out in Rangiora?

SamBinNZ Nov 1st 2007 3:38 am

Yes I am in Rangiora, it is a very nice place and there seems to be lots of us Brits here!!! We have a few sets of friends that have moved out here so we are tending to stick with them. My daughter has started school so she has been invited round her friends house so at least she is mingling with the Kiwis.:thumbsup:

BEVS Nov 1st 2007 4:24 am

Hi SamBinNZ and EmandKen.

Welcome to the site. Happy posting and have some karma to start you off.:thumbup: