Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

From Christchurch to Auckland

From Christchurch to Auckland

Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of
Default From Christchurch to Auckland

Hi guys, well we have our date for moving up to Auckland - 18th April. We have just signed (rented) for a lovely house in Greenhithe. Anybody up that way it'll be nice to hear from you. . I'm looking forward to the move, but at the same time I'll be sad to leave. I've made some really good friends here. Anyway, any one from up that way, dont be shy, get in touch.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:23 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: From Christchurch to Auckland

Greenhithe is lovely, goes unnoticed by many when looking for somewhere to live on the NS. You'll enjoy living there.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

It'll be interesting to hear your comparison views when you settle in. Don't know much about greenhithe but it does look nice. I'm moving around the same date but only from south JAFAland to middle JAFAland, commuting is against my religion. If you are around mt eden anytime give me a shout

Last edited by owen; Mar 9th 2008 at 5:54 am. Reason: fat fingers
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by owen
It'll be interesting to hear your comparison views when you settle in. Don't know much about greenhithe but it does look nice. I'm moving around the same date but only from south JAFAland to middle JAFAland, commuting is against my religion. If you are around mt eden anytime give me a shout
Thanks for that, anytime I'm over the bridge I will let your know
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Stuee is on a distinguished road

Hi

My family and I live in Greenhithe. Have done for 5 years with one year away in the uk. We have just come back so we are in a rental unit to, keeping a close eye on the market before we buy. There are some quite unrealistic prices in Greenhithe so caution required when buying, have a good look.

Stuee and family
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stuee
Hi

My family and I live in Greenhithe. Have done for 5 years with one year away in the uk. We have just come back so we are in a rental unit to, keeping a close eye on the market before we buy. There are some quite unrealistic prices in Greenhithe so caution required when buying, have a good look.

Stuee and family
Hi, I have 2 kids (lad 15 & girl 12) is there much for them to do. Do you have any kids.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

I have two boys, 13 and 9. There is lots to do, from kayaking in Lucas Creek to the junior soccer side (registrations have to be in now for the soccer). There is quite a good community atmosphere in Greenhithe which my family and I enjoy, but it also gets its share of boy racers some weekends and young lads hanging round the village shop but nothing to bad. Wainoni park is lovely, really nice, not to bad a journey to woodhill mountain bike track aswell from Greenhithe if your into that.

Theres a pub called the Malt house which is lovely, does nice food. Thats about it really.

Give us a shout if we can be of assistance
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

I have two boys, 13 and 9. There is lots to do, from kayaking in Lucas Creek to the junior soccer side (registrations have to be in now for the soccer). There is quite a good community atmosphere in Greenhithe which my family and I enjoy, but it also gets its share of boy racers some weekends and young lads hanging round the village shop but nothing to bad. Wainoni park is lovely, really nice, not to bad a journey to woodhill mountain bike track aswell from Greenhithe if your into that.

Theres a pub called the Malt house which is lovely, does nice food. Thats about it really.

Give us a shout if we can be of assistance
Thanks for the info. Which school do your boys go to. I was looking at Greenhithe school for my girl,(she is in her final year at intermediate here) but not too sure about our son.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

My eldest goes to Albany Junior High which is a new school with a good reputation, uniform costs a small bloody fortune though. My youngest goes to Greenhithe and he thoroughly enjoys it.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

My eldest goes to Albany Junior High which is a new school with a good reputation, uniform costs a small bloody fortune though. My youngest goes to Greenhithe and he thoroughly enjoys it.
I was looking at Albany, is there a school bus that passes through Greenhithe to go to all the schools. I am thinking of sending my eldest to (i think its)Massey high but all the high schools seem quite a bit away. Can you recommend any high schools.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Sorry dont know about high schools, a bus goes to the albany school. I will ask the wife when she gets in, she knows everything worth knowing.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:38 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry dont know about high schools, a bus goes to the albany school. I will ask the wife when she gets in, she knows everything worth knowing.
Lucky you !!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

The wise one is home and she has informed me that they go straight through at Albany, I thought she was wrong actually but she put me right!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Hello Stuee's wife here, he said you wanted to know about the schools around Greenhithe. Here goes - most of the local kids here go to Albany Junior High (they have a website www.ajhs.school.nz) worth a look at, I think your daughter could attend here as she is the same age as my son (12)and buses pick up and drop off the kids from several bus stops in Greenhithe. The school is a Junior High school so it misses out the intermediate stage and they will go straight through until they leave (bit like uk schools), Unfortunately the school currently only caters for children to the age of around 14 as they are in the process of starting to build the next stage (I believe it is all explained on their website).
Your son has a choice of several schools but to get to any of them he will also need to catch a bus, but each school has its own bus pick ups? He could go to Glenfield College, Westlake Boys School or there are 2 private schools Kristin College or Pinehurst College. All the kids here catch a bus to school unless they attend the local Primary which they all seem quite happy to do. Greenhithe is a lovely place to live and a real nice community, we have left several times but always ended up back here. It has a local dairy, a nice fish and chip shop, bakery, liquor store, a new curry house, local pub, doctors, vets, beautiful park, pony club, dog training place and it is a real village atmosphere. We even have a Greenhithe pig called Molly and 3 sheep.
Anyway if you need any more info email me?
Hope the above helps - Jane
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Stuee's wife here, he said you wanted to know about the schools around Greenhithe. Here goes - most of the local kids here go to Albany Junior High (they have a website www.ajhs.school.nz) worth a look at, I think your daughter could attend here as she is the same age as my son (12)and buses pick up and drop off the kids from several bus stops in Greenhithe. The school is a Junior High school so it misses out the intermediate stage and they will go straight through until they leave (bit like uk schools), Unfortunately the school currently only caters for children to the age of around 14 as they are in the process of starting to build the next stage (I believe it is all explained on their website).
Your son has a choice of several schools but to get to any of them he will also need to catch a bus, but each school has its own bus pick ups? He could go to Glenfield College, Westlake Boys School or there are 2 private schools Kristin College or Pinehurst College. All the kids here catch a bus to school unless they attend the local Primary which they all seem quite happy to do. Greenhithe is a lovely place to live and a real nice community, we have left several times but always ended up back here. It has a local dairy, a nice fish and chip shop, bakery, liquor store, a new curry house, local pub, doctors, vets, beautiful park, pony club, dog training place and it is a real village atmosphere. We even have a Greenhithe pig called Molly and 3 sheep.
Anyway if you need any more info email me?
Hope the above helps - Jane
Thanks for all that Jane, I have pm you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.