Christchurch

Old Nov 15th 2019, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nice
Default Christchurch

I would love people's opinion on living in Christchurch and surrounding area. We have previously lived in the Hamilton and Taupo but looking for somewhere that is drier, less humid with plenty of job opportunities. I love Taupo but well paid skilled jobs are few and far between but loved the weather. Hamilton is way to wet and humid for me. The good, the bad and the downright ugly please! Love comments from people with dogs and/or horses as to how dog/horse friendly Canterbury is. Cheers!
Old Nov 18th 2019, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christchurch

Hi Pothy,
Christchurch is very horse friendly with quite a number of pony clubs or riding events throughout the area. Obviously, the country areas such as Darfield, West Melton, Prebbleton, Lincoln, Springston and areas North of the Waimak provide greater scope for lifestyle properties and fields for grazing. In terms of dog friendly, again yes. Plenty of areas to take dogs including the fully fenced dog park at The Goynes.
Weatherwise, I would say its less humid than the north. I guess without looking up the actual rainfall stats, then personal opinion might be wide of the mark so I suggest you check here: NZ Rainfall

Jobs: Might help to say which industry you are in. If you are great at your job and can show what value you bring then I'm sure you will be in demand. However, I do know the building and associated trades are back to pre-earthquake levels so demand in this sector has fallen.
Best wishes