Christchurch?

Old May 8th 2009, 6:58 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all
Default Christchurch?

Hi everyone,
I've been offered, and am serious considering a job offer in Christchurch. I've visited the place a few years ago, so kind of know the basics but wondered if anyone could give me any advice on how a 30-something, out-going, beer and sport loving single fella might find the place.
I spent a few years living in Auckland and would be interested in finding how the two compare, I get the impression it'd be colder, a little cheaper and friendlier, am I right?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Adam
Old May 8th 2009, 8:24 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christchurch?

Originally Posted by adamlt1972
Hi everyone,
I've been offered, and am serious considering a job offer in Christchurch. I've visited the place a few years ago, so kind of know the basics but wondered if anyone could give me any advice on how a 30-something, out-going, beer and sport loving single fella might find the place.
I spent a few years living in Auckland and would be interested in finding how the two compare, I get the impression it'd be colder, a little cheaper and friendlier, am I right?
Adam

Sorry Adamlt, but as I'm not a 30 something, beer drinking male,( I think they might all be stinking in their pits still) I feel that I might be unqualified to answer your post.

I can tell you that you are right about it been cold though, especially if this morning is anyhting to go by; It's still minus one here this morning and we're not winter yet

In the meantime, I've bumped you back up the page
Old May 8th 2009, 8:39 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Adam
Hey Adam,

In all honesty I reckon you'd love it. The place is small enough to get to know people (over time, and so long as you put the effort in) yet big enough to have a wide range of stuff to do. If you like watching sports, there's bar's a-plenty, and if you like doing then even better - get into a club (there are shit loads) and there's your social life sorted.

I found that it took a while to get socially connected to Kiwi's but once that time and effort had been put in it did start to pay off.

Either way, it's worth coming here for the experience I reckon. A great place in the world to live
Old May 8th 2009, 8:54 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!!!!!!

A 30 something, beer drinking male is out of bed before 9am on a Saturday morning

Old May 10th 2009, 10:48 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by P2L
OMG!!!!!!!!

A 30 something, beer drinking male is out of bed before 9am on a Saturday morning

Well I'm quite proud of the fact that as a result of a night out I didn't make it out of bed until 5pm today. Just enough time to get myself together before the Manchester derby. Like being a student again.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Adam
as a 30 something beer drinking fella, get your arse over, what have you got to loose?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:47 pm
Banned

Kiwikid will become famous soon enough

hey out there from gorgeous sunny Christchurch, yaye we have had great weather this week, whoop whoop!
welcome to any newbies.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:51 am
Northern Monkey

Originally Posted by Kiwikid
hey out there from gorgeous sunny Christchurch, yaye we have had great weather this week, whoop whoop!
welcome to any newbies.
Well I'm not quite a newby yet, a visa delay has meant I don't arrive until next weekend. But its good to hear the weather has picked up a bit, 9 months in Queensland has spolied me a bit, so I was thinking the cold might be a bit of a shock.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

judithlw1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm quite proud of the fact that as a result of a night out I didn't make it out of bed until 5pm today. Just enough time to get myself together before the Manchester derby. Like being a student again.
Blue or Red?
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:50 pm
Northern Monkey

Red as they get. Season ticket holder (until last month). Can't bring myself to say the name of the Bitters. All that money, but still obsessed by United.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Red as they get.
Glory seeker...
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:35 am
Northern Monkey

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Glory seeker...
I reckon the 13 years of drivel I watched until '93 means I can pass on the glory seeker quote.
Are you Geordies looking forward to visiting all those new grounds this season?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 4:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Red as they get. Season ticket holder (until last month). Can't bring myself to say the name of the Bitters. All that money, but still obsessed by United.
Never mind
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

ohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really nice

Having lived in Auckland and Christchurch I'd say that Auckland is definately more friendly and laid back. As expected, ChCh is colder in the winter but summers seem nicer because you don't get the humidity. Re night life, they both have great places to go.