Reload this Page >

Childrens view of moving to New Zealand

Childrens view of moving to New Zealand

Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:58 am
The Levy's are coming!!!!

Sal41 will become famous soon enoughSal41 will become famous soon enough
Talking Childrens view of moving to New Zealand

Hiya all,

Are there any teenagers out there who have made the move with their families out to NZ, what were their views on the move? how did they find going to new schools/making friends/joining clubs etc? My three children would be interested to get these views, my children are 15,13 & 11, they are all sports mad playing rugby, football and basketball as well as having other interests in sports. We would love to hear from you

loadsa luv
Sal:
confused:
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:24 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Childrens view of moving to New Zealand

Hi we took two kids with us to Christchurch. They sort of did not want to go. But when we had to come back to the UK after a year they did not want to do that either. They want to go back so bad to NZ. They made loads of friends over there and still keep in touch. Hope to be back in a few months.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:31 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

For sport-mad teens New Zealand is excellent. Heaps of clubs available.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:44 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sal41
Hiya all,

Are there any teenagers out there who have made the move with their families out to NZ, what were their views on the move? how did they find going to new schools/making friends/joining clubs etc? My three children would be interested to get these views, my children are 15,13 & 11, they are all sports mad playing rugby, football and basketball as well as having other interests in sports. We would love to hear from you

loadsa luv
Sal:
confused:
I'd be interested to hear teenagers views as well as my girls are 15 & 13
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:52 pm

Hey Mandie,

When are you planning on going out there and where abouts are you thinking of living? do your girls use MSN (s'pose thats like asking do they use air!!!) my boys are 15 and 13 and my daughter is 11, Reece (13) is a bit unsure about going and we were unsure about taking the older one out of school just before year 11 but I think it will all be ok

loadsa luv
Sal
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

levy147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Childrens view of moving to New Zealand

hi my name is reece i am 13 and i am moving to nz in the summer and i would like to hear if anyone has some advise on moving out there it would be a great help.

I like playing football,rugby,basketball and much more....

please reply i would really appriciate it.

reece

Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:16 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sal41
Hey Mandie,

When are you planning on going out there and where abouts are you thinking of living? do your girls use MSN (s'pose thats like asking do they use air!!!) my boys are 15 and 13 and my daughter is 11, Reece (13) is a bit unsure about going and we were unsure about taking the older one out of school just before year 11 but I think it will all be ok

loadsa luv
Sal
Hi Sal
If my husband finally agrees to going (said yes then had cold feet and said No, then said maybe :curse: ) then we hope to be out there in June/July. We're heading for Christchurch.

My eldest didn't want to go but think she's up for the idea now...we were unsure about pulling her out of her GCSE's half way through but think she'll do ok with the NZ exam system...fingers crossed anyway!

Where are you heading for? and how far into the process of moving are you?

take care
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sal

We're taking a 10 year old with us who can't wait to go! He has already told us he plans to snowboard we're hoping to go to Auckland but not sure yet!

Michelle x
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sal-the following have kids aged around teens-giv em a pm!
Dirk and Kerry-14
Boopy 19!!
Stevie and Karen (Karonious)-11
Winnie-late teens
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:42 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Dirk and Kerry-14
Boopy 19!!
Winnie-late teens
Hi there,
Melissa would probably correspond by email, not sure she is brave enough via an open forum. If you like, you could always PM me for her email and see how it goes
Karen B
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by levy147
hi my name is reece i am 13 and i am moving to nz in the summer and i would like to hear if anyone has some advise on moving out there it would be a great help.

I like playing football,rugby,basketball and much more....

please reply i would really appriciate it.

reece

Hi Reece,

It's not easy leaving your mates behind, but life here is good. You can keep in touch on My Space.
People are friendly here, and if you're into sport you'll do just fine. You will have more freedom here, because it's a much safer place to live.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Hi Sal
If my husband finally agrees to going (said yes then had cold feet and said No, then said maybe :curse: ) then we hope to be out there in June/July. We're heading for Christchurch.

My eldest didn't want to go but think she's up for the idea now...we were unsure about pulling her out of her GCSE's half way through but think she'll do ok with the NZ exam system...fingers crossed anyway!

Where are you heading for? and how far into the process of moving are you?

take care
Hi Mandie,

We have just had our EOI accepted, just waiting for our Invitation to apply, we are heading for North Shore hopefully, I have a job offer for Auckland Hospital, we are hoping to go in July at some point subject to medicals etc, I am really lucky that all 3 of my kids are happy to go, and I do think that my oldest one will be fine, probably just having 'mummy worries'!! can't wait to get out there though, all this hanging around just makes it harder.

loadsa luv

Sal
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Hi Sal

We're taking a 10 year old with us who can't wait to go! He has already told us he plans to snowboard we're hoping to go to Auckland but not sure yet!

Michelle x
Hi Michelle,

Yeh I think the different sports activities are what has persuaded my lot to go, we were told that you can go South on North Island and ski/snowborad then drive back up north and sunbathe......sounds perfect, we are hoping to go to North Shore, got my eye on a couple of schools there.

loadsa luv
Sal
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by danny.f
Dirk and Kerry-14
Boopy 19!!
Winnie-late teens
Hi Danny,

Thanks for that, I've just got to master the PM on this site then I will contact them, I've only just sussed out how to reply(yes I am that dumb!!!)

loadsa luv
Sal
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by karonious
Hi there,
Melissa would probably correspond by email, not sure she is brave enough via an open forum. If you like, you could always PM me for her email and see how it goes
Karen B
Hi Karen

Thanks for that, will try to master PM and email you.

loadsa luv
Sal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.