Childrens clothes

Old Oct 10th 2006, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childrens clothes

Were coming to NZ in November and im considering some sort of business selling childrens clothes sourced from a major high street chain in England. How interested would anyone be at buying the clothes possibly via the internet or by Party planning?
As you can tell it is in the v early stages but i have often read on this site about the need for good quality clothes. I'd be interested in hearing anyones thoughts on this idea. cheers, Carole
Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

wobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Childrens clothes

Yes, I definately would be interested - buying online that is, not so much on the party side of it though.

Good luck with it, will keep a lookout for you!!

Take care.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Donna too. She lives by clothing the children like so,she would be very interested,let us know how you go.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:15 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It would depend on the prices for me, Pumpkin Patch sell clothes with price tickets that have dollars and pounds on them and they're a bit like the boots range of childrens clothing.
I think I'll just have to stick to the specials at the Warehouse and Farmers
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:21 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Were coming to NZ in November and im considering some sort of business selling childrens clothes sourced from a major high street chain in England. How interested would anyone be at buying the clothes possibly via the internet or by Party planning?
As you can tell it is in the v early stages but i have often read on this site about the need for good quality clothes. I'd be interested in hearing anyones thoughts on this idea. cheers, Carole
If they were from Next/Gap/M&S/Debenhams....I used to get the kids clothes there. The best here is Pumpkins Patch which are ok, but everyone else wears them too so there is no individuality. If you go to the Mall all the other kids are all wearing the same stuff...I deff miss getting nice clothes for my daughter, when I pop back next year I am going to buy loads of stuff to do her for the next couple of years...
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:26 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Next/Gap/M&S/Debenhams....
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:02 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel.... I used to be a complete shopping freak in the Uk. My daughters wardrobe has some fantastic bits in it. She has loads of Christian Dior bits, DKNY etc, I used to spend a ton of money on her.....

Now we live here, I hardly buy clothes really, only for the fact that they go out and play in the dirt and grass like kids should....not prancing about like dolls. My thinking on that has radically changed. I buy bits in Farmers etc but nothing like I used to. I am working now and earning good money but I could think of other stuff to spend it on....
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:13 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

We're not designer label people, but we do look for quality and affordability.
That said I think Sarah still buys most of the kids stuff through ebay in the UK. Cheaper and more variety sometimes!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:19 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by Biddy
We're not designer label people, but we do look for quality and affordability.
That said I think Sarah still buys most of the kids stuff through ebay in the UK. Cheaper and more variety sometimes!
Ebay do have some great bargains...I did used to sell a few bits on there as well as buy. I haven't looked at it in a long while though. My boys would get bits from the USA like the baseball hats and the baseball tops that we couldn't buy in the Uk.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross

Now we live here, I hardly buy clothes really, only for the fact that they go out and play in the dirt and grass like kids should....not prancing about like dolls. My thinking on that has radically changed. I buy bits in Farmers etc but nothing like I used to. I am working now and earning good money but I could think of other stuff to spend it on....
Interesting that you should say that... my children were born in the 70's, and then, clothes were functional, easy to wash, etc. - exactly because they were always out and about and absolutely filthy by the end of the day - in the summer, I used to rinse them off in the paddling pool before bathtime - even in winter, they'd be out there in mud, snow, slush.. having a ball! Not pretty, but great fun! Have to say, when my 13 year old niece visited from the UK a few years ago, I was stunned at the magazines she was reading - I castigated my sister for allowing her to read such "adult" material which I hadn't appreciated were actually targetted at young teens - 6 weeks later, I watched this "sophisticated 13 year old young woman" revert to a child, dipping for fish in rock pools - presumably, away from the pressures of designer clothing, etc., etc.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

really depends on the market you are aiming for.I work in childrens and babies clothes.I work for Gap.Children are big business and I can tell you that more people want individuality than you think.Personally I won't shop at next ,not unless I want my kids to look the same as all the other children.And they are individuals.Take a look at 'no added sugar' or ' bob and blossom 'for some inspirational ideas that sell like hot cakes.It is something I have been wanting to do for a while myself.Try selling on ebay first to see the kind of reaction you get before subsribing to .com.Good luck in your venture
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:14 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emmals
really depends on the market you are aiming for.I work in childrens and babies clothes.I work for Gap.Children are big business and I can tell you that more people want individuality than you think.Personally I won't shop at next ,not unless I want my kids to look the same as all the other children.And they are individuals.Take a look at 'no added sugar' or ' bob and blossom 'for some inspirational ideas that sell like hot cakes.It is something I have been wanting to do for a while myself.Try selling on ebay first to see the kind of reaction you get before subsribing to .com.Good luck in your venture
Not ebay in NZ... you won't make any money that way. Try www.trademe.co.nz.