Childminders???

Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:00 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childminders???

Hi all. I was wondering if NZ have the sort of childminders that we have in the UK. I hope to work part-time in ChCh but if i was to work till say 4 or 5pm then do they have people who would pick the kids up from school and keep them till I could pick them up?? Or maybe after school clubs or the sort? I just haven't seen any mention of it anywhere as Im sure that all the 10 - 2pm sort of jobs are highly sought after. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Sue
Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:21 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all
Default Re: Childminders???

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Hi all. I was wondering if NZ have the sort of childminders that we have in the UK. I hope to work part-time in ChCh but if i was to work till say 4 or 5pm then do they have people who would pick the kids up from school and keep them till I could pick them up?? Or maybe after school clubs or the sort? I just haven't seen any mention of it anywhere as Im sure that all the 10 - 2pm sort of jobs are highly sought after. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Sue
Well they definatley did it in Dunedin... there was a couple of vans that would pick the kids up and take them off.. had the name of the company splashed all over it, but can't remember it now! summat like 'The after school pick up bus' I expect they'll have them in Chch.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:00 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Chipmunks do after school childcare in Ch.ch. but you can employ nannys very cheaply here and basically they become a second mum to your kids and too and fro them to school and after school activities etc, they even will do your washing and make the kids an evening meal.
I don't think they are paid nearly enough to be honest for what they are expected to do but then I don't think they have to have passed any checks to qualify as someone fit to look after kids either!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:44 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, glad there is someone to help on those days when I cant be back in time. Kids are too young to come home on their own ( 7 & 9 )
Do kids get taken to school and home or do alot of kids make their own way?
I know that with my kids schools they are not allowed out of the grounds unless they have an adult to take them, for obvious reasons in this day and age of weirdo's....

Sue
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:16 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Depends where you live sue, I take my kids but some of my six year old sons class mates make their own way to school :scared: I used to take myself to school at that age too but I'm still very unused to seeing it now in the present day!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:36 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sky
Chipmunks do after school childcare in Ch.ch. but you can employ nannys very cheaply here and basically they become a second mum to your kids and too and fro them to school and after school activities etc, they even will do your washing and make the kids an evening meal.
I don't think they are paid nearly enough to be honest for what they are expected to do but then I don't think they have to have passed any checks to qualify as someone fit to look after kids either!
There is NO way i am leaving my precious children to be looked after by rodents
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:35 pm
Susie..

Har de har har !!!

They might do a better job than me, they run faster
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:41 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sky
Depends where you live sue, I take my kids but some of my six year old sons class mates make their own way to school :scared: I used to take myself to school at that age too but I'm still very unused to seeing it now in the present day!
They had a 'walking bus' where we were in Dunedin, basically a line of kids walking to school and you'd throw your kids out the door (not literally of course) to join the line, bit like the conga (without the leg kicking) kinda thing! parent at each end of course... seemed to work well, and they'd have a celebrity walker once a year to join in!