Child minder

Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice
Default Child minder

Does anyone know where to post for an after school child minder? We are on the North Shore. I have posted at Gumtree and AUT. Very little response. We are desperate to find a suitable babysitter. However, we haven't even got to the interview process yet!!

Thanks,

Nishka
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child minder

Originally Posted by backdoor
Does anyone know where to post for an after school child minder? We are on the North Shore. I have posted at Gumtree and AUT. Very little response. We are desperate to find a suitable babysitter. However, we haven't even got to the interview process yet!!

Thanks,

Nishka
Sorry can't help - it seems the same down here in Chch, a complete lack of childminders. Have you thought about OSCARs - the after school care that most schools do?

I tried this http://www.babysitters4u.co.nz/ but didn't have much luck.

Good luck.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:23 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Nishka

Hi Nishka

PM. Michelle (aka Michelle & Carl) they are in Torbay.

They have just landed in NZ. Michelle was a registered childminder in the UK, she might be able to help
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough

Try www.kidsmart.org.nz . It's run by Barnardos and approved by the Ministry of Education. All caregivers have been police checked; have a first aid certificate; references; completed caregiver training course. Their homes are inspected to ensure they meet standards. And they start from $4.50ph
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

Thanks everyone for all your great ideas.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:09 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosiesue
Try www.kidsmart.org.nz . It's run by Barnardos and approved by the Ministry of Education. All caregivers have been police checked; have a first aid certificate; references; completed caregiver training course. Their homes are inspected to ensure they meet standards. And they start from $4.50ph
KIDSTART - does what it says on the tin - we use em, all good, they have a North Shore Office, but they pay the caregivers peanuts mind - just heard they will be offering the 20hrspw of free care for over 3s!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone get this link to work??

I tried googling 'kidsmart' too but nothing resembling this organisation appeared.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks,

Bob.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, just double-checked the link. It should be www.kidstart.org.nz
Not very 'smart' of me

Rosiesue
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, just double-checked the link. It should be www.kidstart.org.nz
Not very 'smart' of me

Rosiesue
Good on yer Rosiesue, that one worked - thanks.

Bob.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:08 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

Nishka
http://www.kidspot.co.nz/category+20...Based-Care.htm
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

We use PORSE for childcare (home educator) for our 3 year old - not sure where they cover though but are pretty widespread. They are in the Yellow Pages and we are more than happy with our home educator. PORSE also do the "free" 20 hours (up to £4 per hour).
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
KIDSTART - does what it says on the tin - we use em, all good, they have a North Shore Office, but they pay the caregivers peanuts mind - just heard they will be offering the 20hrspw of free care for over 3s!!!
I'll vouch for them too. Two of my friends with toddlers use them and they are more than happy. Do check with Michelle though, she might be interested in doing it once she's sorted, and she is great. I'd be more than happy if she was looking after my daughter.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
I'll vouch for them too. Two of my friends with toddlers use them and they are more than happy. Do check with Michelle though, she might be interested in doing it once she's sorted, and she is great. I'd be more than happy if she was looking after my daughter.
Awww thankyou Jude I'm def doing this once we're sorted. It will allow me to stay home with mine Lola would be a pleasure to look after too
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Awww thankyou Jude I'm def doing this once we're sorted. It will allow me to stay home with mine Lola would be a pleasure to look after too
remember to ask me about this at the weekend - there are going to be plenty of people around with experience of using the childcare providers (and some with Caregiving experience, I hope) - should be a good source of info.
Oh yeah, you do need to to that sort of work for the love of it as the agencies (eg Kidstart) pay peanuts - and that is NZ peanuts, really small ones that are OK to feed to babies........
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

So it's not like in the UK where I set my own fees and work for myself ?? I'll remind you