Child care?

Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:59 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice
Smile Child care?

Although we shall be going out on my job, my husband hopes to get a job once the kids are settled. Just wondering what child care was available,as i was reading in the forum that a lot of mothers stay at home.. As much as i would like to stay at home with them to i know that would not be possible, so what is available?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:50 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child care?

Originally Posted by katracy
Although we shall be going out on my job, my husband hopes to get a job once the kids are settled. Just wondering what child care was available,as i was reading in the forum that a lot of mothers stay at home.. As much as i would like to stay at home with them to i know that would not be possible, so what is available?
We would be going out on the back of my wife (theres a first ) and was going to do the same as you, work around the kids. Do you know what the school days are ie times?

Cheers
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Well when we get out there, I'm training to become a Childminder again!

I'm currently a Registered Childminder here (UK) and love being at home with mine (aged 11m and 2 yrs) and don't want to have to leave them when we move, so depending on where you are and where we end up .... lol

Michelle & Carl
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice

School times are similar to the UK, ie just before 9 to just after 3 for primary.

As for child care, there are lots of options available - commercial childcare centres, home based, Kindy, nanny, kohanga etc. Cost wise slightly cheaper than the uk for centre & home based.

Look here for a starting point .
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:09 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IainW
School times are similar to the UK, ie just before 9 to just after 3 for primary.

As for child care, there are lots of options available - commercial childcare centres, home based, Kindy, nanny, kohanga etc. Cost wise slightly cheaper than the uk for centre & home based.

Great link. Cheers

D'oh doesnt cover the areas we are looking at though
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:18 pm

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Originally Posted by IainW

Thanks for the link, will look into. OH thinks he is going to be a beach bum, think again
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

I use a full time nursery for my daughter (3yo) and their hours are 7.30-5.30pm. Costs $150 per week, includes food, but not nappies.

The boys are school age and they attend SKIDS (Safe Kids in Daily Supervision) that runs in the school hall from when school finishes to 6pm. This costs $48 a week each.

Now, because we're permanent residents, we qualify for childcare support and Working for Families tax credits.
This is the calculator for Working for Families tax credits... https://interact2.ird.govt.nz/forms/famcalc2007/

And this is the chart for childcare subsidies...
http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/get...r-subsidy.html
They refer to childcare - meaning full time day care and something called OSCAR - this means specifically afterschool care.

Hope this helps! It was one of my biggest bug-bears that I had such trouble sorting care out for my kids!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:22 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
We would be going out on the back of my wife (theres a first ) and was going to do the same as you, work around the kids. Do you know what the school days are ie times?

Cheers

Eveing/Afternoon

Gotta a new link given to me today re education www.teamup.co.nz

Had a quick browse and looks quite helpful
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Eveing/Afternoon

Gotta a new link given to me today re education www.teamup.co.nz

Had a quick browse and looks quite helpful
Many thanks

I will get the wife to scan it later
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by dlmckay
I use a full time nursery for my daughter (3yo) and their hours are 7.30-5.30pm. Costs $150 per week, includes food, but not nappies.

The boys are school age and they attend SKIDS (Safe Kids in Daily Supervision) that runs in the school hall from when school finishes to 6pm. This costs $48 a week each.

Now, because we're permanent residents, we qualify for childcare support and Working for Families tax credits.
This is the calculator for Working for Families tax credits... https://interact2.ird.govt.nz/forms/famcalc2007/

And this is the chart for childcare subsidies...
http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/get...r-subsidy.html
They refer to childcare - meaning full time day care and something called OSCAR - this means specifically afterschool care.

Hope this helps! It was one of my biggest bug-bears that I had such trouble sorting care out for my kids!
thanks for that information. i shall be looking at it later today. Both my boys will be at school so it will after school and some holiday care. cheers
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future

Has anyone experience with childcare in the hutt Valley area?

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katracy View Post
I would recommend getting your kids onto waiting lists now, if when you arrive its an absolute no you can always say you have sorced alternative care. in Hawkes Bay the waiting lists are so long for the sort after centres that 9 months is not unusual.
We pay $33 a day, includes morning tea, hot cooked lunch and afternoon tea.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

You are a life saver and saved hours of mindless searching. This is a great site. I am glad you can filter suburbs.

Thank you,

Nishka

Last edited by backdoor; Apr 18th 2007 at 4:39 pm. Reason: Kudos to IainW