Chickens

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:35 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chickens

Originally Posted by Toontje
<snort> LMAO
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Friday and we have one chicken living in our neighbours garden. Mission for the week end is to catch the bugger.

Gill
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!

Rob has spent the last few days trying to entice the little bugger out of the neighbours garden, so my mission was for me as a "mere female" {You'll never catch it said Rob} to show the MAN, how to do it PROPERLY.

So, both kids and I armed with a dish of food, 2 sweeping brushes and the mop, forulated a plan that relied on cunning, speed, and a big dose of feminine intuition along with a dush sheet {for plan B} set off out the front door. I thought I'd just check out the coop, to make sure it was OK for when I returned Ginga later that morning....... and guess what???? THERE WAS GINGA, sitting in the coop !!.

Didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. Was on the mobile to Rob in 10 seconds to BRAG at what "we" had achieved..... couldn't admit straight away it had returned of its own free will, so gave a rather exaggerated tale of heroic deeds in our quest to capture it.

Now this all poses a dilemna, what should we do? Now we've "caught" it, do I clip its wings and block off its escape route under the house? or do I return it back with the other 3?

Advice please.

Gill
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Jam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Chickens

Clearly Ginga is now settled in her new home and wants to stay there. Clip one wing while the going is good. However, it would surely be better for her to have just one playmate?

Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jam and Pizza
Clearly Ginga is now settled in her new home and wants to stay there. Clip one wing while the going is good. However, it would surely be better for her to have just one playmate?

ROLFMAO !!

That really is a great suggestion, will put it to Rob later today.
Cheers
Gill
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Jam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant futureJam and Pizza has a brilliant future

Rolfmao?
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Wink Re: Chickens

Rolfmao?
Sorry that was my dyxesica

Roll On Floor Laughing My A** Off

Any suggestions which one I should retrieve?
Gill
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

YEEE HAAA

Just clipped Gingas wing. Easier than I thought it would be. Now I followed the advice to hold the wing up to the light. Do you know how high you've got to hold a chicken up? Definately a 2 man job. I covered Robs arm with a towel and cut at arms length, just incase it did squirt with blood, but nothing. Could it be I haven't cut enough off?

Gill
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Chickens

Dear Guinness Gill and Rhubarb Rob ,

Yes, as you have guessed, it is indeeed us: the evil Chicken Lords who turned your life upside down by giving you the now-famous Rotorua 4. We haven't laughed so hard in ages at your escapades, especially as we spend about two painless minutes a day with our chooks!

Lack of blood is good! I suggest you retrieve the one that matches Ginga, but you can have them all back if you like. Perhaps folk should vote?

Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Pick a chicken, any chicken...
Attached Thumbnails Chickens-chooks.jpg  
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

Dear Guinness Gill and Rhubarb Rob ,

Yes, as you have guessed, it is indeeed us: the evil Chicken Lords who turned your life upside down by giving you the now-famous Rotorua 4. We haven't laughed so hard in ages at your escapades, especially as we spend about two painless minutes a day with our chooks!

Lack of blood is good! I suggest you retrieve the one that matches Ginga, but you can have them all back if you like. Perhaps folk should vote?

I vote you get them all back. Purely because it is so much fun fot the rest of us!

I haven't had such a laugh in ages.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I am working on Rob as we speak. I may have to ply him with alcohol this evening to soften him up further, as it's him who has had most of the trauma of trying to contain/catch them. His scratched arms are healing remarkably well. We have done a quick reccy and know where to block the escape routes

Gill
Old Jun 5th 2005, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Chickens

Wot! No new chicken tales today?

Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Wot! No new chicken tales today?

Today has been a quiet day in the chicken house. We are following the advice of several people, who said we should keep Ginga in the coop for a couple of days and feed her there, so she realizes where her home really is.
Starting on chicken proofing the garden totally tromorrow so we can get in touch with the "Evil Chicken Lords" and collect a second one. Don't want Ginga to get lonely

Gill
Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:12 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Lifestyle Block magazine are running a feature on chicken coops next month, Gill - I am waiting for that before I get some feathered friends!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.